OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is an emerging leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services. Guided by the fundamental conviction that human spaceflight answers a timeless calling to explore, innovate, cooperate, and progress, Axiom strives to make living and working in space commonplace by providing unprecedented access today to the International Space Station while building its successor: the world’s first international commercial space station.
SUMMARY: The senior graphic designer will be responsible to design and/or coordinate the development and design of a wide range of digital and/or printed graphic materials, involving a variety of integrated steps and processes, and requiring extensive knowledge of specialized, multi-faceted design concepts and media. Creates complex, original graphic design and comprehensive layout concepts, and oversees and coordinates production of materials.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Conceptualizes, plans, designs, and produces a wide range of specialized graphic and illustrative material, to include multimedia concepts; writes and edits basic copy.
2. Works with internal teams to ascertain needs and to develop graphic directions, concepts, and specifications for assigned projects.
3. Plans production schedules for the various steps in the design process; analyzes project development costs and develops project budgets and workflow for multiple concurrent projects; participates in production and/or marketing planning group sessions and meetings.
4. Identifies, selects, and coordinates vendors for printing and publication services, as appropriate to the project; may write and process requests for proposals for printing requisitions; identifies and recommends contractors, such as printers, illustrators, photographers.
5. Provides creative and technical advice and guidance, and serves as liaison with production personnel, authors, publishers, clients, and/or printing representatives on permission information, design and technical graphics issues.
6. Oversees and coordinates the production process; develops and writes printing and/or other production specifications, and selects appropriate production media and materials, such as ink and paper; inspects proofs for accuracy and adherence to appropriate production standards.
7. Oversees and coordinates a graphics or photographic library and/or maintains digital records.
8. May create and produce animated videos and animated portions of live videos for web and social media platforms.
9. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in graphics, fine art, or a related field. He/she should also have at least seven plus years of experience in graphics art, design or publishing with high profile brands.
· Thorough knowledge of graphic designing, layout, and creative visual elements
· Creative and artistic in skillfully producing a variety of graphic artwork in several forms
· Must be confident in facing client/s and coordinate with them regularly
· Knowledge of interactive technologies to create new ways of combining software and graphic packages
· Ability to understand and use a variety of design software and digital media tools to produce graphic work
· Ability to plan, coordinate, organize and supervise multiple projects simultaneously
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work independently or with teams
· Excellent relation building capability to collaborate with all levels of staff
· Ability to deliver projects within deadline
· Excellent knowledge of new technologies, theories, practices, and techniques related to graphic design
· Extraordinarily organized, able to prioritize and follow through on all work
· Excellent communicator who is flexible and accessible
· Ability to handle multiple assignments and working in a dynamic environment
· Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed
Technical Experience: Knowledge of software programs including, but not limited to:
- Adobe Illustrator,
- Adobe PhotoShop,
- Page Maker,
- Microsoft word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and presentations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
· Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
· Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
· Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment