OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is an emerging leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services. Guided by the fundamental conviction that human spaceflight answers a timeless calling to explore, innovate, cooperate, and progress, Axiom strives to make living and working in space commonplace by providing unprecedented access today to the International Space Station while building its successor: the world’s first international commercial space station.
SUMMARY: The Private Astronaut Customer Care Manager will be responsible for the following:
Our Axiom Private Astronaut Customer Care mission is to deliver a seamless, personalized, and exceptional experience to our private astronaut customers. 'The Private Astronaut Experience' is essential to our success. The role requires strong interpersonal, time management, and exceptional communication skills. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about customer service and has a deep understanding of what it takes to provide our customers with the best experience possible so they feel the Axiom touch throughout their mission.
Our singular focus is on supporting the private astronaut’s historic mission with a seamless, personalized touch. With the aim of ensuring the only things they have to do are train, fly, and enjoy a life-defining experience, Axiom will provide customer care service with the top priority to manage and respond to the private astronaut needs.
Customer care service will deliver above-and-beyond service in shepherding private astronauts along their journey, including but not limited to:
- Managing the organization of on-site events such as private astronaut tours and briefings
- Interfacing warmly and effectively with the customer’s team on matters of business, security, press, and more
- Handling contact with the Axiom Space leadership team, NASA, and Johnson Space Center as necessary
- Coordinating travel logistics, e.g. ground transportation, hotels, restaurant bookings, etc.
- Evolving the customer experience in real time as needs and desires arise
- Providing exclusive and behind-the-scenes opportunities both in Houston and within the space industry
What you’ll do:
- Deliver above-and-beyond customer service to Axiom Private Astronauts and guests. Delight and exceed customer expectations.
- Create lasting impressions and providing a personal touch to their experience
- Coordinate travel logistics for customers i.e. ground transportation, hotels, restaurant booking etc.
- Interface with customer security teams, business managers, press representatives
- Think creatively about ways in which we can optimize each customer’s experience and brainstorm with Axiom marketing, operations, and mission teams
- Create process and systems in order to efficiently and effectively process guests requests and manage itineraries
- Channel customer inquiries to all areas of the business such as technology, marketing, investor relations
- Maintain the Axiom brand standards and consistency throughout the experience and customer journey
Who we’re looking for:
- A go-getter with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Personable, enthusiastic, sincere, patient, trustworthy, adaptable and discreet
- In-depth knowledge of local businesses, entertainment, and travel options. Ability to provide behind-the-scenes experiences.
- Eager to learn every single day
- Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude and winning personality
- Passion for people and delivering top-notch service
- Accountable, conscientious
- Excellent direct communication skills (exceptional grammar and spelling)
- Ability to find solutions for operational and people management problems
- Ability to work well in both an open, collaborative team environment, and alone
- Proven capability of responding readily and flexibly to changes
- Flexible schedules including night and weekend
- Plan and manage local and international customer engagements to support private astronaut experience plan.
- Assist with the organization of on-site events such as private astronaut tours and briefings.
- Contribute to CRM planning for customer profiles and lead management
- Greet guests
at airport. Make reservations at local establishments. Make
suggestions for dining, entertainment, and other engagements.
job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions
that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- 7+ years in a high-touch and UHNW customer service or hospitality-related environment desired.
- Bachelor’s degree plus diploma or degree in hospitality, or equivalent experience a huge plus.
- Must be highly organized and be able to manage multiple customer requests in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and follow-through on all work
- Ability to create processes, plan for multiple missions, and provide management guidance for private astronaut experiences
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, create, and execute complex written documents
- Strong team skills with ability to understand dependencies and impact on schedules
- Extraordinarily organized, able to prioritize and follow through on all work
- Excellent communicator who is flexible and accessible
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and working in a dynamic environment
- Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and presentations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
· Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
· Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
· Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment