Overview: Axiom Space is the emerging leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services. Guided by the fundamental conviction that human spaceflight answers a timeless calling to explore, innovate, cooperate, and progress, Axiom strives to make living and working in space commonplace by providing unprecedented access today to the International Space Station while building its successor: the world’s first international commercial space station.
Summary: The Axiom IT System Administrator manages the design, installation and maintenance of the Axiom network and information systems by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. This includes the development and implementation of an effective and constantly evolving enterprise cyber security system. We are seeking a motivated and effective leader who looks to the sky with excitement and curiosity about what lies beyond and desires to play a consequential role in making this next journey a reality.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
· Develops, implements, and monitors management information systems strategies, budgets, policies, procedures and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and legal and regulatory compliance
· Serve as point of contact for IT architecture and solutions including solving IT issues
· Consults with management to analyze computer system needs for management information and functional operations, to determine scope and priorities of projects, and to discuss system capacity and equipment acquisitions
· Manages the development, implementation, installation, and operation of information and functional systems for the organization
· Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and management
· Negotiates and contracts with consultants, technical personnel, and vendors for services and products
· Provides support to end users in the selection, procurement, usage, and maintenance of software programs and hardware
· Manages computer operation scheduling, backup, storage, and retrieval functions
· Reviews reports of computer and peripheral equipment production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine costs and impact, and address problems
· Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures
· Develops, maintains, and tests disaster recovery plans
· Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT industry
Certification in CISSP and MCSE
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Windows Server and Office 365 administration; Server hardware and end user hardware management; General IT Security and firewall management, including anti-virus and user education; Backup administration, print services, wired and wireless networking, DHCP; Active Directory permissions; Virtualization via VMware; Familiar with ITAR requirements