ROLE: Commercial Contracts Attorney
JOB TYPE: Full Time (Exempt)
Overview: Axiom Space is an emerging leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services. Guided by the fundamental conviction that human spaceflight answers a timeless calling to explore, innovate, cooperate and progress, Axiom strives to make living and working in space commonplace by providing unprecedented access today to the International Space Station while building its successor: the world’s first international commercial space station.
Summary: The In-house Commercial Contracts Attorney will support Axiom’s Legal Department on all contracts and policies related to the company’s internal and external relationships including but not limited to commercial consulting agreements, vendor contracts, subcontractor agreements, non-disclosure agreements, proposals, and all employment-related documentation. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with numerous types of support contracts with the ability to rapidly review vendor-provided agreements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage implementation of the new company contract management software and system
- Draft, negotiate, and review a variety of commercial supplier, service, and technology agreements in support of multiple business units
- Represent the company with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure the consistency of vendor-provided contract terms with company policies and goals
- Manage contract and subcontract policies and procedures to ensure efficiency and compliance with appropriate laws and regulations while meeting company objectives
- Support continuous improvement of contract templates, processes, software, work flow, and internal policies
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information
- Coordinate with colleagues across the organization to optimize process and outcomes
- Serve as company point of contact for Export Control programs, RFP, procurement, vendor and supplier processes and documentation
- Manage company insurance programs dovetailing with contractual insurance, liability, and related clauses
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Juris Doctorate required from a top ABA-Approved Law School
· 5 years of experience managing and processing a wide variety of commercial contracts in high volume
· Experience with export control, insurance policies, liability/indemnity/waiver agreements preferred
· 2 years in-house legal experience with a technology, manufacturing, medical, or analogous organization
- Must be highly organized and be able to manage large volumes of contracts in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to autonomously structure systems, processes, future planning, and management guidance
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, create, and execute complex written documents
- Ability to understand and apply advanced legal and regulatory concepts
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, interpret, draft and edit a wide array of legal documents, including contracts, terms and conditions, legal decisions, and professional journals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of contracts and agreements and focus on details under time constraints. Exhibits application of responsible judgment, including for safety and compliance, as well as for the planning and execution of projects.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; and designs work flows and procedures
· Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; and selects and uses appropriate communication methods
· Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; and shares expertise with others
· Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; and works actively to resolve conflicts
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through volunteered efforts; follows organizational guidelines for affirmative action, diversity, and expected workplace behaviors; and manages competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; and monitors own work to ensure quality
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts the success of the team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; and supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
Axiom Space offers competitive salary, benefits, and total compensation packages.
All applicants must be cleared to work in the US, and roles must meet requirements regarding exposure to restricted or controlled content. Applicants must also pass a background check.
Axiom Space is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equal treatment of all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family responsibility, political affiliation, veteran status or any other prohibited factor, in accordance with State and Federal laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and demands of the job described herein.