OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is an emerging leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services. Guided by the fundamental conviction that human spaceflight answers a timeless calling to explore, innovate, cooperate, and progress, Axiom strives to make living and working in space commonplace by providing unprecedented access today to the International Space Station while building its successor: the world’s first international commercial space station.
SUMMARY: The Human Capital Manager is responsible for managing the Organization’s practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and the highest ethical standards. HCM Manager will contribute to the development of processes that support the achievement of the organization's business goals and the implementation of people-related services, policies and programs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enhance the organization’s human capital by managing employee relations, policies and practices
- Maintain all employee records including new hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations
- Conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals
- Administer performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and position descriptions
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation, including conducting exit interviews
- Conduct regular team growth activities, including meetings, learning sessions and annual events
- Demonstrate experience with addressing employee concerns, sensitive issues and escalation of critical matters
- Process payroll and ensure deductions and contributions are up to date and accurate
- Consult legal counsel to ensure that all policies and procedures comply with federal and state law
- Ensure that the Company’s employee handbook policies and procedures are up to date
- Maintain and update processes and policies as needed
- Collaborate with HCM Recruiting Specialist (or recruiting partners) on recruiting activities
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- BA in business administration, psychology, human capital management or equivalent work experience
- Experience within the Aerospace Industry
- 5+ years’ experience in human capital management or business administration role preferred
- Extraordinarily organized, able to prioritize and follow through on all work
- Excellent communicator who is flexible and accessible
- Deep understanding of business needs; able to cultivate and promote positive company culture
- Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and presentations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
- Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space offers competitive salary, benefits, and total compensation packages.
All applicants must be cleared to work in the US, and roles must meet requirements regarding exposure to restricted or controlled content. Applicants must also pass a background check.
Axiom Space is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equal treatment of all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family responsibility, political affiliation, veteran status or any other prohibited factor, in accordance with State and Federal laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and demands of the job described herein.