Job Title: Aerospace Engineers
Position: Full-Time (Exempt)
Location: Houston, TX
Axiom Space is an emerging leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services. Guided by the fundamental conviction that human spaceflight answers a timeless calling to explore, innovate, cooperate and progress, Axiom strives to make living and working in space commonplace by providing unprecedented access today to the International Space Station while building its successor: the world’s first international commercial space station.
Axiom is recruiting for Engineers across a range of disciplines and levels in achieving the Company’s mission.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES vary based on specialty; areas of concentration include:
- Avionics: Design and integration of spacecraft avionics including part selection, board design, embedded logic and integration, networking, control and instrumentation of complex systems for a human rated spacecraft
- CAD Designers: Work with system leads to design, prototype, and deliver structural, mechanical and product models for use in spaceflight applications
- Electrical Power: Design, develop and test electrical equipment, components and systems for human-rated spaceflight environment
- Environmental Control & Life Support Systems: Design, develop, fabricate, test and operation of human spaceflight ECLSS systems
- Guidance, Navigation & Control: Design, develop, test, certification and operate a human-rated commercial spacecraft GNC system. Experience with human rated software development, simulation and relative navigation sensors and techniques preferred
- Mechanisms: Develop electro-mechanical designs, analysis, specifications, and test and evaluation for spaceflight application
- Propulsion: Provide systems and technical engineering support for the Axiom module propulsion architecture
- RF Communication: Design and integration of RF electronics and communication networks for LEO spaceflight systems
- Safety & Mission Assurance: Execute S&MA plans, quality management systems, record keeping, PRACA and process reliability standards
- Software: Develop software requirements and interface control documentation, manage software development, testing and certification of human rated software for spaceflight systems. Develop human interfaces UI/UX, data warehouses, and tool chains to support spaceflight operations. Develop simulation and visualization approaches to verifying and validating flight software functional performance.
- Structures: Develop structural engineering models, analysis and specifications, and test and evaluation approach required for spacecraft design
- Systems Engineering & Integration: Execute systems engineering processes including: technical planning, requirements management, technical risk management, configuration and data management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
- Level I: 0-2 years’ work experience; B.S. in Engineering, Math or Science required
- Level II: 3-6 years’ work experience; B.S. in Engineering, Math or Science required
- Level III: 7-10 years’ work experience; B.S. in Engineering, Math or Science required
- Level IV: 11-14 years’ work experience; B.S. in Engineering, Math or Science required
- Level V: 15+ years’ work experience; B.S./M.S. required, PhD preferred
to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional
journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write
reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients,
customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Exhibits application of responsible judgment, including for safety as well as for the planning and execution of projects.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD; Dassault Systems CATIA; PTC Creo Parametric; Xilinx TMRTool Design software; C; Microsoft Visual Basic; Verilog; C++; Practical extraction and reporting language Perl; Python; Sun Microsystems Java Development software strongly preferred.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others
- Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through volunteered efforts; follows organizational guidelines for affirmative action, diversity, and expected workplace behaviors
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed
Axiom Space offers competitive salary, benefits, and total compensation packages.
All applicants must be cleared to work in the US, and roles must meet requirements regarding exposure to restricted or controlled content. Applicants must also pass a background check.
Axiom Space is an equal opportunity
employer, committed to equal treatment of all applicants and employees
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family responsibility,
political affiliation, veteran status or any other prohibited factor, in
accordance with State and Federal laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties, responsibilities,
qualifications, and demands of the job described herein.