ROLE: Marketing Assistant
JOB TYPE: Internship or Full-Time
OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is an emerging leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services. Guided by the fundamental conviction that human spaceflight answers a timeless calling to explore, innovate, cooperate, and progress, Axiom strives to make living and working in space commonplace by providing unprecedented access today to the International Space Station while building its successor: the world’s first international commercial space station.
SUMMARY: Axiom is recruiting for a Marketing Assistant in either an Internship or Full-Time position, to begin February 2020. The Axiom Marketing Assistant will participate in learning opportunities with senior staff as they receive exposure to one or more spaceflight topics. MA will support the head of Marketing and the rest of the communications and leadership team to deliver relevant and impactful on-brand strategies. Marketing Assistant will assist with content development to support customer events and programs, including the creation of monthly e-news, online calendars, marketing calendar and other responsibilities as assigned.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Marketing Director in coordination of external communications, preparation of client presentations and marketing materials
- Learn how to apply strategies that target key customers and support the sales pipeline
- Contribute to the development of marketing processes
- Participate in development and sourcing of content for website usage
- Learn how to analyze and create reports/ updates for website analytics
- Support for Communications on social media content and graphics
- Research and ideate on new ways to grow brand awareness
- Assist with corporate events as needed
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
· Pending Bachelor's degree from a top four-year college or university; or one to two years’ relevant hands-on activities and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Working towards a degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field preferred
· Excellent communicator who is flexible and accessible
· Detail-oriented and capable of contributing to multiple projects
· Self-starter, resourceful, team player
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and presentations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
· Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
· Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space offers competitive salary, benefits, and total compensation packages.
All applicants must be cleared to work in the US, and roles must meet requirements regarding exposure to restricted or controlled content. Applicants must also pass a background check.
Axiom Space is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equal treatment of all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family responsibility, political affiliation, veteran status or any other prohibited factor, in accordance with State and Federal laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and demands of the job described herein.