ROLE: Lead Avionics Engineer
JOB TYPE: Full Time (Exempt)
Axiom Space is the emerging leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services. Guided by the fundamental conviction that human spaceflight answers a timeless calling to explore, innovate, cooperate, and progress, Axiom strives to make living and working in space commonplace by providing unprecedented access today to the International Space Station while building its successor: the world’s first international commercial space station.
This position will be responsible for defining and executing the following engineering processes:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Work in a collaborative engineering team environment to produce avionics systems for a commercial human spaceflight module
· Design and integration of spacecraft avionics including part selection and integration, PCB, FPGA, networking and instrumentation of complex systems
· Perform trade studies for technical solutions, including make/buy recommendations
· Develop interface control documentation for connection to the International Space Station
· DDT&E and operation of avionics systems
· Perform parametric sizing and determine avionics configurations for varying design inputs
· Resolve problems encountered in testing and verification processes
· Drive team to a successful launch and integration to the ISS by 2024
Education & Experience
· 15+ years working in systems engineering
· B.S. in Engineering, Math or Science required (graduate degree preferred)
· 7+ years of experience in management/leading teams
· Demonstrated success/background in developing spaceflight avionics
· Experience with software designed radios, RF front ends, amplifiers, communication systems and other relevant spacecraft avionics systems
· Demonstrable mastery/success designing, developing, testing, and verification of avionics systems
· Expertise with WiFi, RFID, and Bluetooth systems, networks, data-handling, caution and warning, redundancy management, flight computers and embedded systems
· Capable of cohesively managing a team of internal and outsourced talent
· Oral and written communication skills
· Entrepreneurial mindset, eager to solve problems and identify original opportunities
· Shows commitment to inspiring others
· Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
· Can balance speed of innovation with the rigors and discipline required of human spaceflight
Axiom Space offers competitive salary, benefits, and total compensation packages.
All applicants must be cleared to work in the US, and roles must meet requirements regarding exposure to restricted or controlled content. Applicants must also pass a background check.
Axiom Space is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equal treatment of all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family responsibility, political affiliation, veteran status or any other prohibited factor, in accordance with State and Federal laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and demands of the job described herein.