Pawling Engineered Products, Inc. is a leading global specialty rubber products manufacturer. We produce highly specialized and innovative elastomeric products designed to withstand the rigorous requirements of the world’s leading original equipment manufacturers, designers, engineers and new product developers. These customers rely on our inflatable and compression seals, gaskets, clamps and other specialty rubber products for a wide range of applications in dominant industries and emerging technologies.
Dedicated. Dependable. Hands-on. It’s a list of common traits, but together, they make uncommon people. People who think differently — smart people who can adapt to any situation. If you are seeking an exceptional opportunity to contribute and hone your primary skill set, and also be challenged to grow as a professional by applying your innovative thinking and approach, then this is your chance to join our team.
Our Values: We are: Collaborative and supportive, Adaptive and open-minded, Respectful and responsive, Ethical and trustworthy. We CARE
You will utilize your knowledge and natural mechanical aptitude to provide in-process/final inspection to ensure product meets customer requirements for dimensional and cosmetic characteristics. We will rely on you to perform the following:
- Conduct incoming and in-process inspection of products as specified.
- Evaluate first article samples as assigned.
- Communicate any deviation in tolerances, specifications, etc. to the Quality Assurance Supervisor. Follow up with accurate written non-conforming material reports as required.
- Research customer complaints as requested and evaluate returned goods. Recommend corrective action for approval.
- Conduct 100% final inspection on products for shipment.
- Maintain inspection tools.
- Calibrate measurement equipment as assigned.
- Support the ISO process by being a team player and demonstrating clear, consistent, honest communication.
- Read, write and speak English so as to understand customer requirements and to prepare reports and documentation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong math skills to include decimals, fractions and conversions
- Ability to use measurement and inspection tools including, but not limited to calipers and rulers
- Ability to read and understand prints.
- Basic computer skills
- Good organizational skills
Physical Requirements for a Quality Inspector:
This position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. frequently during the work day. Most of the day is spent in a standing position with frequent bending and / or squatting.
For your hard work and contributions, we offer competitive compensation along with an excellent benefits package designed to keep our most important assets - our people - healthy, happy, and moving ahead at optimal speed with insurance for health, dental, life, and vision. Plus we have an EAP for questions 24x7.
This is a first shift position with starting rate commensurate with experience. Local Candidates Only
Pawling Engineered Products is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Persons are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability and protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time