Position: Philanthropy Associate
Salary Range: $40-45K
Mommies In Need is a Dallas-based non-profit organization that is growing rapidly as we work towards our vision of a world in which childcare is no longer a barrier to healthcare. Our mission, simply stated, is “Caring for kids so that families can access healthcare.” We do that in a variety of ways including running a childcare center located on the Parkland Hospital campus that is free of cost to parents and guardians while they attend to their own medical appointments.
At Mommies In Need, we believe that the most important criteria for success with us is that you are passionate about our mission. We recognize that access to higher education may be difficult for a number of reasons, and, as part of an equitable hiring process, we look first at your life experience, your background, and your relevant skills and talents.
Mommies In Need is:
- A place where we strive to live our values by being authentic, compassionate, innovative, collaborative, and extraordinary in everything we do.
- Committed to diversity because we know that different backgrounds and perspectives create a stronger, more creative, more loving environment. We are proud to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants, regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
- A family-friendly workplace where employees with children under the age of 6 years old may utilize the on-site childcare at no cost for up to 15 days per month, as space permits.
- A company that offers benefits (for eligible employees) including medical, dental, vision, and other insurance plans, company-covered short-term and long-term disability and life insurance, and a 401k retirement plan with a set amount match. We also offer a generous Paid Time Off plan and 7 Company-paid Holidays each year.
The type of person who thrives at Mommies In Need:
- Is flexible, adaptable, and excited about change.
- Is interested in growing with the organization and loves learning new things.
- Enjoys being part of a team and working collaboratively.
- Cares about being good at what they do, is self-motivated, and has a positive attitude.
The Philanthropy Associate will work under the direct supervision of the Chief of Philanthropy and Strategic Planning. It is vital that the person in this role has excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively engage with a wide variety of stakeholders, including high-net-worth individuals. This role will assist with a variety of tasks and projects including creating high-quality presentations and communications, conducting research to assist with the identification of donors, maintaining the donor database, and collaborating with the team to develop and implement creative approaches to donor engagement and special events.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Technologically savvy (Microsoft 365, CRM, Monday.com)