Virscio is seeking a qualified Histotechnologist to support the needs of its preclinical histopathology program. This position will perform routine histology laboratory operations and contribute to method development and validation, working with and under the supervision of the Histology Director. This individual will have a strong commitment to producing quality, consistent technical output within structured timelines. Flexibility regarding the variability of daily tasks is critical.
- Paraffin and frozen section microtomy of nonhuman primate tissues, as well as tissues from other model organisms common to preclinical investigation.
- Manual and automation-assisted assays and staining of tissue sections including hematoxylin and eosin (H&E) staining, special stains, enzyme histochemistry, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, in situ hybridization and contributing to new method development.
- Quality control of finished technical products and the ability to troubleshoot suboptimal results.
- Operation and maintenance of routine histology instrumentation, such as embedding centers and tissue processors, and maintenance of associated QC logs.
- Operation and maintenance of systems associated with novel or emerging technologies.
- Procurement, preparation, and disposal of reagents.
- Preparation of appropriate antibody dilutions.
- Slide imaging and fluorescence microscopy.
- Adherence to established SOPs and safety protocols and compliance with applicable governmental and accrediting organization regulations.
- Maintenance of laboratory supply inventory.
- Bachelor’s degree in a life sciences field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years’ experience as a histotechnologist to include special stains and immunohistochemical assays.
- HT/HTL (ASCP) certification preferred.
- Understanding of preclinical models is beneficial.
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) or project management required.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, commitment to professional growth, and ability to collaborate with local and remote team members.
- Ability to comprehend complex methodologies and adapt to the integration of new methods and technologies.
- New Haven, CT
Virscio offers a competitive, flexible, and comprehensive benefits package that can be customized to fit your personal needs. Virscio’s benefits offering is designed to support the holistic wellbeing of our employee community and their families by providing affordable healthcare related coverages, retirement savings plan with immediate vesting, and a wide range of voluntary benefits for financial protection and peace of mind. Additionally, we offer a Culture of CARE where your health, well-being and gratification in career pursuits is our top priority.