Virscio is seeking an onsite Senior IT Support Associate for our New Haven, Connecticut site to support the maintenance of all computerized platforms, print and network services at the facility. The Senior IT Support Associate additionally contributes to the validation, implementation and maintenance of computerized systems, as well as generation and modification of facility Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). The Senior IT Support Associate also provides technical training on computerized platforms, routine hardware maintenance, and provides logistical support to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO). This role will require experience administering computerized systems, preferably validated systems maintained within a GxP-compliant environment.
The Senior IT Support Associate reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer. The ability to communicate effectively with management, Virscio team members and external IT professionals is key within a cross-functional, flexible, collaborative and internationally distributed team.
· Drive operational effectiveness and the definition and fulfillment of company's mission through active participation in company meetings and communications.
· Manage and maintain computerized systems located at Virscio’s New Haven facility.
· Provide technical support for a wide range of technical issues relating to end-user devices, servers and other computerized systems, operating systems and applications.
· Manage tech support tickets for all U.S. based team members and associated devices.
· Deploy MDM, remote desktop, security and other IT solutions to support configuration and maintenance, security and compliance of computerized systems.
· Support administration and maintenance of end user accounts, permissions, access rights, password resets, and platform access in coordination with IT Systems Administrator and CTO.
· Provide training and mentorship to newly hired research staff on basic computer skills, cyber security, MS Office, network printing and day-to-day use of Virscio’s IT platforms.
· Engage with and support Computer Systems Validation Unit (CSVU) to ensure validation, periodic review and change control procedures are performed in accordance with relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs) and 21 CFR Part 11 compliance:
· Perform or delegate system backups and implement automated backup procedures for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
· Participate in SOP writing, reviews, and revisions, as needed.
· Complete training requirements as assigned and maintain appropriate training documentation.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other closely related field with comparable coursework.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience with a master’s degree or 5 years of experience with a bachelor’s degree, including experience serving in an IT role within an organization subject to compliance with 21 CFR Part 11.
· Possess strong skills for editing the format, style and language of documents and spreadsheets.
· Excellent customer service, written and verbal communication skills.
· An attitude for quality, an eye for detail and the ability to carefully follow instructions.
Virscio offers a competitive, flexible, and comprehensive benefits package that can be customized to fit your personal needs. Virscio’s benefits offering is designed to support the holistic wellbeing of our employee community and their families by providing affordable healthcare related coverages, retirement savings plan with immediate vesting, and a wide range of voluntary benefits for financial protection and peace of mind. Additionally, we offer a Culture of CARE where your health, well-being and gratification in career pursuits is our top priority.
Our commitment to you is a culture of care and support in which you feel engaged, empowered, and passionate about the work that you perform while working collaboratively and with empathy towards others.
Virscio is bridging the translational gap with critical research on solutions to significant unmet health challenges. Every day, our community brings their best selves to their work to advance this initiative. Join us on our journey and become part of our caring community.