Virscio is seeking a Ph.D. and/or M.D. trained research scientist to support preclinical study execution and commercialization activities and internal research and development. The position requires familiarity with the objectives and methodologies of preclinical research related to modeling in protocol defined test systems and applying that scientific experience to establishing the skills to evaluate the efficacy, pharmacology and safety of new therapeutics, medical devices, and drug delivery technologies in nonhuman primate . An important component of scientific and commercialization responsibilities will include engaging industry and academic collaborators and sponsors to define unmet translational needs and associated technical and scientific considerations that might influence validation and application of applicable models. Proficiency with core research methods, familiarity with related scientific fields and technical writing and presentation skills are critical for effective communication of company capabilities and direct contribution to data collection, analysis, interpretation, and reporting, as well as management and oversight of project team members who may be delegated specific technical responsibilities.
· Lead the design, execution and analysis of in vivo translational research studies, and generation of associated protocols and reports, for both sponsor-funded development programs and internal R&D
· Oversight of data generation and maintenance of protocol specified study support materials such as data capture and analysis files, and protocol specific standard operating procedures (SOPs)
· Development of new research methodologies and test systems, and optimization of existing systems
· Establish an in depth knowledge of facility SOPs and contribute to their maintenance
· Contribution to maintenance of facility good laboratory practices (GLPs) and AAALAC credentials
· Contribute to junior scientific staff development through scientific support and oversight
· Oversee study data and sample quality control
· Advance scientific and commercial interactions with existing sponsoring organizations
· Present company research capabilities and study outcomes at relevant scientific meetings
· Writing manuscripts, presentations, and the technical aspects of business plans
· On-site and off-site client, inspector, and vendor interactions
· Supporting the business development aspects of collaborator and client engagement
· Requires Ph.D. and/or M.D. degree, preferably postdoctoral experience or completed PhD in a highly competitive academic setting.
· Minimum of 5 years of laboratory experience working with in vivo and in vitro models, preferably including nonhuman primate translational models
· Full time residence in St. Kitts, West Indies.
· Track record of scientific achievement and presentation of findings at scientific meetings
· Publication record and demonstrated experience establishing new scientific methodologies
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to the necessities of fast-paced multi-site research environments
· Experience working in a protocol driven environment on in vivo and/or molecular models
· Experience working with and under IACUC oversight in AAALAC-accredited facilities preferred
· Must have exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and comfort interacting with sponsors and leading members of the scientific community
· Ability to travel routinely internationally for professional and business development purposes
· Candidates with research experience in two or more of the following areas preferred: ophthalmology, immunology, CNS disease, metabolic disease, cardiovascular disease, surgical modeling, molecular biology, cell culture, biochemistry, pharmacology
· Experience supervising junior scientists or working remotely also favored
Virscio offers a competitive, flexible, and comprehensive benefits package that can be customized to fit your personal needs. Virscio’s benefits offering is designed to support the holistic wellbeing of our employee community and their families by providing affordable healthcare related coverages, retirement savings plan with immediate vesting, and a wide range of voluntary benefits for financial protection and peace of mind. Additionally, we offer a Culture of CARE where your health, well-being and gratification in career pursuits is our top priority.
Our commitment to you is a culture of care and support in which you feel engaged, empowered, and passionate about the work that you perform while working collaboratively and with empathy towards others.