Virscio is seeking to hire an experienced Project Manager to oversee the development and implementation of clear project execution timelines, deliverables, and associated internal and external reporting associated with the translational R&D services business. The role spans billable contract research project assignments, internal R&D programs, as well as defining and leading initiatives related to project management system and process improvement, based on the needs of the organization. In conjunction with Virscio Study Directors, Business Development, and Finance, the Project Manager is responsible for managing and monitoring all projects to ensure adherence to contractual obligations, with a clear focus on establishing and communicating project timelines, deliverables/milestones, and budgets to ensure expectation management, both externally and internally. Primary responsibilities will include:
· Apply Virscio’s Project Management System (PMS) in support of post-contracting study planning, scheduling, and execution support activities, and ongoing development and optimization of the PMS process to enable efficient operations and quality of client engagement and service.
· In conjunction with the assigned Study Director, translate detailed resource and budget outputs used for contracting into Virscio’s PMS and electronic data capture system to enable initial study and resource allocation planning, as well as downstream stakeholder visibility and management reporting.
· Collaborate with Study Directors and Facility Management to actively define feasible study scheduling and communicate the final project execution plan and associated deliverable to ensure internal and external awareness and adherence to timelines and budgets.
· Update and distribute the project execution plan as appropriate to account for scope and contractual changes during the life of a project.
· Ensure internal stakeholder compliance with corporate PMS processes and associated operational workflows.
· Develop and maintain PMS tools and reporting processes to enable budget versus actual analyses of project resource utilization and costs, and associated project KPI reporting.
· Collaborate with Finance to ensure accurate financial reporting per GAAP and associated project and corporate financial forecasting.
· Upon project initiation, act as primary point of contact for customers for general project aspects (non-science related).
· Define, initiate, and contribute to continuous project management improvement activities that achieve the aim of streamlining execution and internal and external project reporting.
· Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree in relevant scientific and/or healthcare discipline preferred
· 5-10 years relevant work experience, with previous experience in managing people within a scientific/clinical environment is required.
· 3-7 years Project Management experience, with
· Experience in life sciences, pharma / biotech and/or CRO industry required
· Strong communication skills (verbal and written) to express complex ideas
· Thorough understanding of the preclinical and / or clinical research process
· Strong knowledge of Project Management Principles and Methods; Experience with Wrike Project Management is a big plus
· Positive attitude and ability to work independently, prioritize and work within a matrix team environment is essential.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities within a variety of complex preclinical projects
· Expert financial management and negotiation skills
· Structured approach to problem-solving, well organized and systematic
· Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
· Strategic thinker