Virscio is seeking an Associate Scientific Director who is highly experienced in preclinical strategy, protocol development, and client engagement to become part of our scientific team driving platform application and adoption and research impact. As Associate Scientific Director you will work directly with current and new sponsors engaging Virscio’s unique nonhuman primate translational research capabilities and contract research services to advance their therapeutic programs toward clinic. Associated translational research activities will span contract research, internal R&D, and external collaborations with a global sponsor-base pursuing a diversity of clinical indications and therapeutic modalities. Deep and broad knowledge of current discovery and translational paradigms is essential to success in this role. Strong background and experience in central nervous system, ophthalmology, and gene therapy would be a significant differentiator. Primary responsibilities will include:
· Direct scientific engagement with pharmaceutical company scientists, clients, and decision makers to enable opportunity assessment while providing high level scientific input in study design to determine how, and when, their discovery and translational programs would benefit from Virscio’s unique capabilities and services.
· Translation of existing preclinical development path and clinical objectives into appropriately staged, scoped, and gated nonhuman primate study protocols so as to achieve greatest translational value with the most effective and efficient resource utilization.
· Generate and manage an expanding portfolio of study designs and protocols in support of Sponsor programs that align with Sponsor needs and objectives to enable the request for proposal (RFP) process.
· In collaboration with Business Development (BD), Virscio Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Virscio Proposals and Contracts Manager, drive engagements to proposal and contracting, while setting proper expectations with regard to engagement and execution timelines.
· Upon contracting, ensure continuity of engagement and client service through seamless transition to the assigned Study Director.
· Support the Business Development (BD) goals to deepen relationships and improve understanding of expanding preclinical needs to guide expanded engagement and expansion of business / service offerings.
· Represent the company at relevant scientific and industry conferences, including preparation of oral presentations and/or poster presentations.
· As appropriate, and within proper safety and travel guidelines, periodic co-travel with BD to various clients and potential clients to support scientific discussion of Companies services and capabilities.
· In collaboration with Marketing and BD, support the continued development of company based scientific marketing collateral and web materials.
· The Associate Scientific Director, Scientific Development is expected to have solid scientific credentials, with in-coming knowledge of the range of in vitro and in vivo services and models available to therapeutic development initiatives.
· PhD in relevant life sciences field
· Minimum 10+ years’ experience in CRO or pharmaceutical industry; academic credentials will be considered.
· Solid publications track record that substantiates depth of knowledge will be important.
· Understanding of preclinical models, technologies and methodologies is essential to success in this role, as is knowledge of therapeutic approaches and targets in one or more of Virscio’s therapeutic areas.
· Virscio requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID to ensure personal, team, and animal research safety.