Do you thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment? Do you want to collaborate with a talented set of colleagues who are passionate about delivering value to enterprise customers? Join a supportive and collaborative team dedicated to helping Fortune 500 clients discover, organize, catalog, protect, and govern their cloud and on-premise data assets using Privacera platform
Your work is going to shape how our customer administrators, app developers, and end users perform any activities throughout deployment lifecycle (install, configure, upgrade, manage, and operate) using the Privacera platform.
We're looking for a versatile technical writer to join the Privacera docs team to create high-quality documentation for Privacera security and governance products and solutions.
As a technical writer at Privacera, you'll work in a fast-paced environment, in daily collaboration with development, QE, support, product management, and field personnel. You'll craft customer-facing documentation using variety of toolchains (markdown, wikis, oxygen, robohelp etc.) that enable you to continuously update content with improvements and new features.
To succeed in this role, you are a confident writer of enterprise software documentation who is passionate about learning new concepts and clearly explaining complex software technologies. This position offers continuous learning and frequent direct interaction with enthusiastic customers who rely on Privacera documentation every day to accomplish their goals.
● Write new user documentation for Privacera Discovery, Access Management and Protection modules under active development.
● Write for a SaaS delivery model with frequent updates to the documentation and prescriptive guidance that helps customers succeed quickly.
● Independent worker that thrives on working closely with agile development teams and product managers to define documentation requirements and produce customer-facing docs.
● Discuss technical details and tackle problems with engineers, customer support reps, field engineers, and customers every day.
● Passionately pursue the information that your customers need to be successful.
● Help define Privacera’s content standards and writing style guide and work with product teams to provide the best possible documentation for customers.
● Respond directly to user feedback and integrate user suggestions to continuously improve your documentation.
● Develop a holistic understanding of how customers use our software and help them to complete their tasks quickly and accurately.
● Work collaboratively and closely across product team to ensure consistent and cohesive content, style, and messaging
● 3+ years of experience researching and writing excellent documentation for enterprise software users, infosec admins, governance/compliance personnel and developers.
● A genuine desire to learn new things daily and to translate complex topics into language that's accessible to end users.
● Experience writing documentation with a strong customer focus using variety of toolchains (markdown, wikis, oxygen, robohelp etc.)
● A strong passion for collaboration, teamwork, quality and attention to detail.
● BA/BS degree in Technical Communication, English, Computer Science, a related technical discipline, or relevant professional experience.
● Able to discuss technical details and demonstrate your technical knowledge every day and collaborate with others to build shared content
● Propose structural and organizational improvements to the documentation set
● Ability to work with multiple groups and track priorities in an ever-evolving dynamic early stage startup environment
● Experience writing documentation for APIs and SDKs
● Project management skills, including task planning, resource allocation, and estimates
● Familiarity with writing documentation for software running on public cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud), containers, and virtual machines
● Writing samples that showcase your ability to write for a technical audience
● A passion for meticulous writing, editing, spelling, grammar, and formatting
● Experience with source control (especially Git) and content management systems
● Ability to meet deadlines for tasks and projects
Nice to Have
● Knowledge of enterprise security and governance/compliance domains a plus.
● Prior startup experience
● Familiarity with REST API concepts and functionality.
● Experience with Git.
● Experience writing for system administrator, devops, infosec, and/or governance/compliance audience
● Experience working with Swagger API
● Experience in writing user guides
● Experience in writing best practices documentation
● Ability to read programmatic code (esp. Python, Java) and understand how it impacts the product
What we offer you
● A set of extraordinarily talented peers who want to build software that helps our customers secure and govern their multi-cloud and hybrid data services.
● A cross-functional team that values and relies on accurate, robust documentation.
● Direct, ongoing contact with a passionate customer community as well as vibrant open source community via Apache Software Foundation
● Opportunities to define our style and standards, and participate in lively discussions about how to best present our content to users.
● A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas and exploring new technologies.
● Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing writers through ownership and leadership opportunities.
● A collaborative and supportive work environment.