Sr. Java Software Engineer
Founded in 2016 by the creators of Apache Ranger™ and Apache Atlas™, Privacera’s mission is to empower enterprises building data platforms in the cloud to balance data governance and security with data access, discovery, and analytics. Often described as “Apache Ranger in the Cloud”, Privacera provides centralized access control that extends Ranger’s capabilities beyond traditional Big Data environments to cloud-native services and leading analytics platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP and Databricks. Privacera enables IT and data platform teams to make as much data as possible available to the business for analytics while ensuring it is used ethically and in compliance with privacy regulations. Privacera offices are located in Fremont, California and Mumbai. To learn more, visit www.privacera.com
As a Senior Java Software Engineer, you
will be part of our Enterprise Solutions team to help design, enhance and build
our data governance solution. You will work with colleagues, who will support
and challenge you daily. You are curious about Machine Learning and how it can
be applied to our solution. You will be a part of a team driving innovation
that makes our products stand apart from our competitors.
● You’ll use technologies that include Java, REST, NoSQL, Docker and more
● Experience in leading-edge areas such as Machine Learning and Deep Learning, ML libraries/tools is a plus
● You will work with Technical Product Management to understand business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution
● You have the work and academic experience that will demonstrate proficiency and ease with programming languages, code quality initiatives, scripting languages and operating systems
● You’ll leverage new technologies to build the next generation of our enterprise solution
● You’ll play a key role to design and implement various components of our global transaction processing systems
● You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
● You are a Java expert and you have experience with streaming technologies like Apache Kafka, Kinesis, etc and No-SQLs like HBase, DynamoDB, CosmosDB, Big Table, etc.
● Extensively used Apache Spark to write enterprise-grade applications.
● Familiar with container-based technologies.
● You have experience building enterprise-class applications that use industry best practices for reliability, availability, scalability, and operability.
● Experience in leading-edge areas such as Machine Learning and Deep Learning, ML libraries/tools is a plus.
● Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with the security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques.
● We count on your curiosity and creativity when working with your partners to create innovative solutions.
● You are a quick learner and have a strong work ethic to focus on our goals
● You have the passion to work with people and contribute to best practices that help the team to improve efficiency and quality.