SENIOR SALES ENGINEER
As a Senior sales Engineer you will utilize your strong technical, business competencies and customer service skills to provide the highest level of business and technical consultation to sales teams, prospects and customers to support sales goals. Your job is to understand the client’s technical environment and secure the technical win with new clients. You will own technical sales process till customer contract and post-sales activities such as onboarding, renewals
- Demonstrated ability to work with the technology teams of new clients while delivering significant revenue impact.
- Technical sales lead owning and driving customer-centric solution designs
- Present roadmap, vision, proposed architectures and business outcomes to all levels – developers, architects, CDO(Data), CRO(Risk and Compliance), CIO
- Own and define technical selling approach for accounts
- Regular participate in account penetration / strategy planning, working with sales counterparts and solutions engineering management
- Scope and deliver customer discovery and requirements workshops and POC’s
- Own the customer reference architectures
- Establish a relationship with key ecosystem partners and build joint demos
- Fluent with core differentiators across the competitive landscape
· Conduct research and use knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections
- Transform customer feedback into actionable product roadmap items
- Provides feedback for technical selling tactics and strategies for the broader team
- A share of evangelism activities (blogs, meetups, industry events)
· Participate in contribution to internal and external knowledge repositories
· Drive high levels of customer satisfaction
- 10+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5 years’ experience; or no degree and the equivalent of 15+ years’ experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex technical sales
· Enterprise Software, Big Data, Data Security, Data Governance or Database experience
· Demonstrated understanding of the challenges in Security and Data Governance within the enterprise
· Experience with both cloud-native and on-premise architectures
· Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
· Expert in business value presentations
- Demonstrated knowledge of Big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, AWS EMR, Azure HD Insight, Databricks etc.
- Solution Architecture/Engineering experience as a field of practice (able to listen to customer requirements, whiteboard and propose solution architecture, and get hands-on with the tech to design, build, and demonstrate real business value)
- You thrive in a changing environment
- Advanced degree
Why should I work at Privacera?
- Privacera solution is at the intersection of public cloud, security and governance. We are working on solving some of the most complex problems in data infrastructure.
- Industry leading Medical, dental, vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome coworkers
Founded in 2016, Privacera provides an integrated governance and security platform for enterprises leveraging big data and analytics in the cloud. Privacera founding team have a long history of innovation and leadership in the data governance and security industry. Privacera founders previously co-founded a company called XA Secure that acquired by Hortonworks in 2014, and their technology became Apache Ranger, the leading open source centralized access management project for Hadoop. The team also created Apache Atlas, a data governance project that includes data catalog and data lineage functionality. Both technologies are in use at hundreds of enterprises around the world. Privacera solution build on the incredible work done by the Apache Ranger and Apache Atlas communities over the years.
Competencies: Technical expertise, Strategy design, Driving engagement