Sr. Technical Support Engineer
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will provide support to our customers for diagnosing, reproducing, and fixing Privacera product issues. You will troubleshoot the Privacera Discovery, Access Control and Anonymization modules in multiple types of environments and take ownership of problem isolation and resolution, and bug reporting. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter, be committed to ongoing self-education, possess strong customer service skills and have excellent technical problem solving skills.
● Resolve customer problems via telephone, email or remote access
● Liaison with offshore based support teams on issue identification, tracking
● Maintain customer loyalty through integrity and accountability
● Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with the customer with recommendations and action plans
● Escalate cases to management when customer satisfaction comes into question
● Escalate cases to the engineering team when the problem is beyond the scope of technical support or falls out of the support team’s expertise
● Maintain ownership and management of the overall resolution for any escalated case, even when cross-functional groups are involved
● Leverage internal technical expertise, including development engineers in US and India, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues
● Create knowledge base content to capture new learning for re-use throughout the company and user base
● Participate in technical communications within the team to share best practices and learn about new technologies and other ecosystem applications
● Participate in the daily and weekly meetings with support team and technical leadership
● Actively participate in the open source community to assist with generic support issues
Be evangelist, write
blogs on cloud infrastructure
● 4-6 years of enterprise software support experience
● A strong and enthusiastic commitment to resolving customer problems in a high quality and timely manner
● Support/troubleshooting experience in one or more of the following areas:
■ Networking, Big data technologies such as Spark, Kafka
■ Cloud based big data solutions such as Databricks, Confluent
■ AWS, Azure cloud infrastructure
■ Experience working with LDAP, Identity and authorization providers
● Ability to compile and install Linux applications from source
● Distributed systems experience
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
● Enthusiastic about Big Data and the cloud ecosystem.
● Good written and verbal communication skills with a strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment
● Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain and be in control of customers under all circumstances.
● Grace under pressure – must be able to deal with difficult customer situations with professionalism
● High energy, high integrity, modest demeanor with customers a must
Why should I work at Privacera?
- Privacera solution is at the intersection of public cloud, security and governance. We are working on solving some of the most complex problems in data infrastructure.
- Industry leading Medical, dental, vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome coworkers
Founded in 2016, Privacera provides an integrated governance and security platform for enterprises leveraging big data and analytics in the cloud. Privacera founding team have a long history of innovation and leadership in the data governance and security industry. Privacera founders previously co-founded a company called XA Secure that acquired by Hortonworks in 2014, and their technology became Apache Ranger, the leading open source centralized access management project for Hadoop. The team also created Apache Atlas, a data governance project that includes data catalog and data lineage functionality. Both technologies are in use at hundreds of enterprises around the world. Privacera solution build on the incredible work done by the Apache Ranger and Apache Atlas communities over the years.