Our purpose at CloudHQ is to provide flexible, efficient, and resilient data center solutions to businesses of all sizes. Our growing organization was founded by the pioneer of data center REITs. CloudHQ has state-of-the-art data center sites located on two Northern Virginia campuses, as well as London, Frankfurt, Paris, Milan, and São Paulo, and we anticipate exponential growth over the next several years both in the US and abroad. Our company’s reach is expanded through our affiliate companies – Cloud Capital, Dalian Development, and WindHQ. This position will be based in Washington DC, and reports to our Controller, Corporate and Operations.
The Accounts Payable Manager will lead and direct the Accounts Payable department in support of the day-to-day operations and development activities of our CloudHQ, Dalian Development, and WindHQ businesses. The Accounts Payable Manager will work closely with each business line controller to ensure the timely recording and payment of invoices across multiple entities and bank accounts. This individual will be responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations and manage a team of accounts payable professionals. The candidate will be detail-oriented, able to effectively manage a team and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
About the Role
We will entrust you with specific responsibilities including:
· Manage and supervise the Accounts Payable department. Manage all aspects of performance and development of direct reports to encourage professional growth.
· Be active on the customer service front and be quick and accurate with communication.
· Maintain Accounts Payable team policies and procedures and review work to ensure accuracy and compliance with defined policies. Standardize procedures, where necessary, to generate in-house efficiency.
· Keep track of the status of all transactions taking place within the accounts payable system. Ensure maintenance of vendor files on an ongoing basis.
o Review processing and ensure routing of Purchase Orders for approval
o Ensure that invoices are properly coded to the correct entity and/or bank account
o Ensure monthly, quarterly, and annual recurring payments are completed timely
o Monitor and resolve all items over 30 days on the AP Aging report
o Conduct research and analysis on invoice payment issues
· Maintain Certificates of Insurance (COI) within accounting database and ensure all vendor and tenant COI’s are current and in compliance with contractual requirements
· Ensure all contracts are current and in place and all payments to vendors are properly tracked on our billing schedule
· Forecast and analyze monthly cash requirements
· Prepare all 1099 tax information forms timely and ensure all items are properly accounted for and reported
· Ensure that the AP team meets all monthly reporting deadlines for draws and month end closes
· Educate Yardi Payscan users on proper usage of the system and encourage timely approval of invoices and related documents
· Responsible for the reviewing internal controls in the accounts payable/disbursement process
· Travel to sites, client meetings, trainings or conferences as requested and required
We expect all our team members to be highly motivated to work in an environment that values innovation and understands that the nature of our business sometimes leads to changes in priorities. Your desire for success will ensure that projects are moving forward, with a sense of urgency, regardless of the challenges.
Basic Qualifications and Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, accounting, finance or related field preferred
Experience: At least 5 years of Accounts Payable experience with two years of management experience
· Strong analytical and time management skills
· Ability to provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers
· Strong personal and interpersonal skills to interact with employees, superiors, and customers.
· Ability to work in a “shared-service” environment across multiple business lines
· Ability to train and motivate junior staff members
· Ability to multi-task while managing changing priorities
· Real Estate industry experience preferred
· Substantial experience with Yardi or AP system equivalent software highly preferred
· Expertise in core Microsoft office suite applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Strong work ethic and self-motivation
· Ability to work overtime as required
· Ability and willingness to respond to emails and phone calls after hours in the event of an emergency
What we Offer
CloudHQ’s people and culture are the most enriching aspects that make us a great place to work. We are strengthened by industry experts who bring extensive knowledge, skill, and experience; leaders who bring vision, innovation and commitment to our people; and an expanding team of individuals who believe in that vision and bring their best to support their customers and team.
Our U.S. employees enjoy competitive compensation and rewarding incentives, comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability), 401(k) with match, 12 paid holidays, generous PTO, development opportunities, and the ability to closely impact and contribute to the growth of an exceptional organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CloudHQ is an equal employee opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status.