Our purpose at CloudHQ is to provide flexible, efficient and resilient data center solutions to businesses of all sizes. Our growing organization was founded by the pioneer of data center REITs. CloudHQ has state-of-the-art data center sites located in two Northern Virginia locations, as well as London, Frankfurt, Paris, and São Paulo, and we anticipate exponential growth over the next several years both in the US and abroad. This position will be based in Washington DC and will report to our Chief Accounting Officer.
The Controller manages the day-to-day accounting and financial reporting activities for our corporate entity and data center entities with commercial operations. Along with the Chief Accounting Officer, the Controller will be responsible for protecting company assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
About the Role
We will entrust you with specific responsibilities including:
· Responsible for the supervision of corporate and data center accounting operations. This includes oversight of general ledger and operational accounting and accounts payable functions.
· Responsible for the month end close and timely preparation of financial statements for the corporate CloudHQ entity and data center entities with commercial operations and submitting monthly or quarterly financial statements to lenders or investors.
· Responsible for the review of tenant billings and related monitoring of tenant receivable balances.
· Responsible for monitoring of daily cash management activities and reporting to senior management.
· Responsible for monthly review of cash flows and draw activities for entities with commercial operations and active construction development projects in progress and related reporting to lender(s).
· Responsible for review of tax trial balances and related tax financial statements for tax department use.
· Coordinate the year-end audits for several of the legal entities with the Company’s auditors.
· Lead the preparation of annual operating budgets for each entity along with operational personnel and others in corporate management. Ensure that budgets, analytics, and reporting run smoothly for clients, vendors, and team members.
· Assist the Chief Accounting Officer with the development of accounting policies and procedures and related adoption.
· Prepare operating data and special reports, as required. Maintains the Company’s system of accounts and ensures that books and records on all company transactions are maintained by the appropriate CloudHQ entity.
· Provides other managers and departments with information required by them to carry out their assigned responsibilities.
· Routinely will be involved in process improvement initiatives as well as planning for contemplated transactions (new contractual relationships, business combinations, asset or intellectual property acquisitions, etc.)
· Provides leadership to the accounting department in training, mentoring, and development
· Adhere to and promote the core values of CloudHQ
We expect all our team members to be highly motivated to work in an environment that values innovation and understands that the nature of our business sometimes leads to changes in priorities. Your desire for success will ensure that projects are moving forward, with a sense of urgency, regardless of the challenges.
Basic Qualifications and Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s Degree Accounting
Experience: Minimum 10 years in commercial real estate finance with public accounting experience highly preferred.
Credentials: CPA Preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The individual will have at least five to ten years’ experience in organizations where significant growth was achieved. This role requires an intimate functional knowledge of corporate operations and extraordinary financial and cash management skills. In addition, the incumbent will demonstrate the following qualities and skills:
· Ability to complement and advise senior management at all levels
· Experience in creating and sustaining a culture of success through hands-on problem-solving
· Strong quantitative skills
· Consolidations experience; experience with foreign/global operations
· Communication skills that allow effective relationships with all levels of employee constituents and external constituents.
· Experience with companies that value customer service
· Task oriented, results driven, and capable of multi-tasking in a very intense environment
· Proven technical skills with MS Office applications
· Experience with Yardi or similar software experience is preferred
· Excellent analytical, technical, and organizational skills
· Excellent work ethic and desire to “do what it takes to get it done right the first time”
· A strong desire to constantly seek ways to drive organizational improvement
· US Citizenship
What we Offer
CloudHQ’s people and culture are the most enriching aspects that make us a great place to work. We are strengthened by industry experts who bring extensive knowledge, skill, and experience; leaders who bring vision, innovation and commitment to our people; and an expanding team of individuals who believe in that vision, and bring their best to support their customers and team.
Our U.S. employees enjoy competitive compensation and rewarding incentives, comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability), 401(k) with match, 12 paid holidays, generous PTO, development opportunities, and the ability to closely impact and contribute to the growth of an exceptional organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CloudHQ is an equal employee opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status.