The Senior Accountant is part of the WindHQ and Dalian Development accounting team. The Senior Accountant will provide accounting support for several joint ventures we manage consisting of data centers utilized for bitcoin mining and residential real estate. The Senior Accountant will work with other WindHQ operations and accounting personnel as well as Executive level staff within our organization. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of monthly financial statements, general ledger account reconciliations, operational and development accounting, support for monthly treasury draw activities, if necessary, and periodic reporting requirements. The candidate will be detailed oriented, accustomed to meeting deadlines and able to succeed in a fast-past environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare and review journal entries
· Review invoices for proper coding and prepare for payment
· Prepare monthly job cost reports and budget to actual analyses
· Support month, quarter and year-end close processes based on department needs.
· Prepare account reconciliations and analyzes and support various reporting requirements
· Reconciliation and review of inter-company transactions
· Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements including supporting workpaper packages and related reporting to investors and other stakeholders
· Assist management in the preparation of annual operating budget(s)
· Preparation of written summaries of contractual agreements as directed by the Controller
· Prepare monthly required tax filings or other tax reports as needed
· Assist with other accounting projects as needed
· Detail oriented with strong attention to detail, accuracy and organization
· Task oriented, results driven, and capable of multi-tasking
· Experience meeting deadlines timely on a consistent basis
· Self-motivated, unquestionable work ethic with ability to train and motivate junior staff
· Experience in creating and sustaining a culture of success through hands-on problem-solving
· Working knowledge of GAAP literature, energy or real estate experience preferred
· Written communication skills – the ability to express facts and conclusions succinctly
· Communication skills that allow effective relationships with all levels of employee constituents and external constituents
· Experience with companies that value customer service and the ability to maintain excellent relationships with vendors, venture parties and other departments within the Company
· A strong desire to constantly seek ways to drive organizational improvement
· Experience with Yardi or equivalent software highly preferred
· Expertise in Microsoft office suite applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Actively solicits feedback to ensure all responsibilities, activities and deliverables meet expectations
- Bachelors degree in Accounting and a minimum of five years related experience, with some public accounting experience preferred.
What We Offer
WindHQ’s people and culture are the most enriching aspects that make us a great place to work. We are strengthened by industry experts who bring extensive knowledge, skill, and experience; leaders who bring vision, innovation and commitment to our people; and an expanding team of individuals who believe in that vision and bring their best to support their customers and team.
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation and rewarding incentives, comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability), 401(k) with match, 11 paid holidays, generous PTO, development opportunities, and the ability to closely impact and contribute to the growth of an exceptional organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
WindHQ is an equal employee opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status.