Our purpose at CloudHQ is to provide flexible, efficient and resilient data center solutions to businesses of all sizes. Our growing organization was founded by the pioneer of data center REITs. CloudHQ has state-of-the-art data center sites located in two Northern Virginia locations, as well as London, Frankfurt and Paris, and we anticipate exponential growth over the next several years both in the US and abroad. We are seeking a Construction Project Manager to join our growing team. This position is based in Northern Virginia and will support development of other locations domestically and potentially internationally.
The Project Manager will be responsible for ground-up development and construction of CloudHQ’s (CHQ) Data Center products. The project manager will focus on all stages of a project, with an emphasis on speed to market of all future inventory, quick project delivery, project safety, and cost effectiveness. The project manager will be responsible for professionally representing CHQ’s development department across multiple functions within the organization as well as outside of the company. This role will be the primary point of contact and communication for construction activities, acting as a leader to the general contractor/design team, and the primary liaison between CHQ and the construction/design teams.
About the Role
We will entrust you with assuming turnkey responsibility for data center development project(s) from initial development through commissioning and turnover to operations. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assisting with master planning, entitlement, and permitting processes
- Drafting and distributing RFPs for design disciplines and making award recommendations
- Preparing and presenting development business plans
- Coordinating and developing project budgets
- Attending factory witness testing
- Assisting with contract negotiations
- Assisting with take offs and entitlements
- Leading design process and development of construction documents including specifications
- Working with design/construction teams to establish schedules
- Building and leveraging partnerships with architects, engineers, contractors, trade partners, equipment vendors, local municipalities, etc.
- Coordinating design constructability, maintainability, and strategy with operations group
- Communication with adjacent property owners and neighborhood groups as needed
- Assisting with utilities planning and coordination
- Managing budgeting process throughout the life of the project
- Producing management reports relative to development projects
- Supervision of project participants as needed
- Attending project OAC meetings (among others) and liaise action items between CHQ and design/construction teams
- Championing CHQ initiatives on all projects, as well as developing creative solutions and innovations to help streamline processes
- Adhering to company safety standards and help promote a safe working environment for office and field employees, subcontractors and clients
- Completing all other duties as assigned by supervisor
We expect all our team members to be highly motivated to work in an environment that values innovation and understands that the nature of our business sometimes leads to changes in priorities. Your desire for success will ensure that projects are moving forward, with a sense of urgency, regardless of the challenges.
Basic Qualifications and Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s degree, Real Estate Development, Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent
Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience in complex commercial development and/or construction management; data center experience highly preferred.
The ideal candidate will have technical experience and/or education in a building’s mechanical or electrical systems.
- Complex commercial development or data center experience
- Ability to solve problems using analysis, technical and organizational expertise
- Ability to use independent judgement and sound decision-making skills in situations that impact project timetables, direction, and outcome
- Ability to independently supervise a development, construction, or design project
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 products
- Strong quantitative skills (excel, budgeting, project cost controls)
- Innovative approach that is proactive and forward thinking
- Responsible attitude with strong work ethic; leading by example in attendance, attitude and technical work product.
- Strong communicator with excellent presentation and speaking skills; enjoys working with customers and external audiences
- Strong teaming skills; works well across complex organizations and drives execution through collaboration and networking
- Entrepreneurial and thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment; is excited by the chance to play a large, strategic role
- Ability to travel to data center sites, client meetings, trainings or conferences as requested and required.
- Ability and willingness to respond to emails and calls after hours in the event of an emergency or when required
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours when required
This position is physically located in Ashburn, VA with need for travel across data centers in Northern Virginia.
What we Offer
CloudHQ’s people and culture are the most enriching aspects that make us a great place to work. We are strengthened by industry experts who bring extensive knowledge, skill, and experience; leaders who bring vision, innovation and commitment to our people; and an expanding team of individuals who believe in that vision, and bring their best to support their customers and team.
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation and rewarding incentives, comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability), 401(k) with match, 11 paid holidays, generous PTO, development opportunities, and the ability to closely impact and contribute to the growth of an exceptional organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CloudHQ is an equal employee opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status.