Cloud Capital: Private REIT and Fund Controller
Cloud Capital is a global investment management firm founded by Hossein Fateh, the Founder and CEO of CloudHQ LLC and Co-founder and former CEO of DuPont Fabros Technology (DFT). The firm was established to identify and capitalize on acquisitions of high-quality data centers across the globe. Led by a team of highly experienced investment professionals and supported by CloudHQ, Cloud Capital will acquire, manage, develop and operate data centers to become the long-term owner and operator of choice for tenants globally.
This position will report directly to the COO and will manage the relationship with external providers to produce financial and NAV reports for our US fund structures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Oversee the quarterly NAV and financial statement process, reviewing work prepared by our third-party administrator and SPV external accounting service providers.
· Work with our tax advisors to update and ensure compliance with tax advice and filing requirements.
· Work with lawyers, tax advisors and other service providers on fund and transaction structures.
· Reviewing investment due diligence including REIT eligibility.
· Assisting the investment team and operating partners with the preparation of asset level business plans.
· Manage investor reporting and requests including capital calls, distributions, and reporting.
· Report to Investment Committee, fund board, and IAC.
· Monitor agreement adherence, compliance, and regulatory reporting (e.g., Form PF, ESG, TER, AML/KYC, limited partnership agreement, debt facilities, operating agreement, lease terms, SLAs etc.).
· Monitor compliance with private REIT organization, operation, investor composition, distribution, and investment diversification requirements.
· Supervising and coordinating the audit process.
· Cash and hedging management.
· Risk and investment restrictions monitoring and reporting.
We expect all our team members to be highly motivated to work in an environment that values innovation and understands that the nature of our business sometimes leads to changes in priorities. Your desire for success will ensure that projects are moving forward, with a sense of urgency, regardless of the challenges.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Experience: Qualified CPA with 7+ years’ of REIT/Real Estate fund accounting experience
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP.
- Knowledge of IFRS a plus.
- Oversight and management of third-party fund administrators, accountants, tax advisors etc.
- Must be highly process-oriented and have experience with organizational control environments.
- Exceptional attention to detail with a strong work ethic and self-motivation
- Demonstrated professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong teaming skills; works well with internal and external team members and drives execution through collaboration and networking
- Entrepreneurial and thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment
What we Offer
CloudHQ’s people and culture are the most enriching aspects that make us a great place to work. We are strengthened by industry experts who bring extensive knowledge, skill, and experience; leaders who bring vision, innovation and commitment to our people; and an expanding team of individuals who believe in that vision, and bring their best to support their customers and team.
Our U.S. employees enjoy competitive compensation and rewarding incentives, comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability), 401(k) with match, 11 paid holidays, generous PTO, development opportunities, and the ability to closely impact and contribute to the growth of an exceptional organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CloudHQ is an equal employee opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status.