Global Tax Manager
Our purpose at CloudHQ is to provide flexible, efficient and resilient data center solutions to businesses of all sizes. Our growing organization was founded by the pioneer of data center REITs. CloudHQ has state-of-the-art data center sites located in two Northern Virginia locations, as well as London, Frankfurt, Paris, and Sao Paulo. We anticipate exponential growth over the next several years both in the US and abroad. This position will be based in Washington DC, with global accountability.
The Global Tax Manager will play a significant role in establishing CloudHQ’s global tax strategy. This individual will report to the Global Tax Director and will work closely with the Accounting and Finance team members to manage all aspects international tax. The Tax Manager will serve as a key resource in the international and domestic aspects of CloudHQ’s tax practice, ranging from entity establishment, to structuring international business activities, to supporting the company’s tax compliance needs in each of our international operations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
We expect all our team members to be highly motivated to work in an environment that values innovation and understands that the nature of our business sometimes leads to changes in priorities. Your desire for success will ensure that projects are moving forward, with a sense of urgency, regardless of the challenges.
- Contribute to CloudHQ’s international expansion through management of entity establishment to include various applications and any required registrations by country
- Ensure global tax compliance working closely with accounting and finance team members
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with external advisors in multiple countries
- Support the implementation of tax planning strategies
- Evaluate requests for Tax audits and participate in developing strategies and support the coordination and implementation of tax audit strategies
- Implement technological and process improvements to ensure accurate, timely information is provided to the Accounting and Finance teams
- Participate in proposed transactions to advise Accounting and Finance team on tax consequences
- Ensure adherence to transfer pricing concept, and maintain pricing documentation
- Research U.S. and International tax regulations
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; Masters in Taxation preferred.
Experience: Minimum six years’ experience in Tax Accounting, with at least two years in International Tax. Public Accounting experience highly preferred along with experience Commercial Real Estate, Construction, and/or Data Center industries.
- Certified Public Accountant, Enrolled Agent, or Certified Chartered Accountant
- Superior organization skills with the ability to maintain progress against important deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail with a strong work ethic and self-motivation
- Assertive personality style needed to ensure that processes are completed and moving on to the next stage of completion
- Ability to solve problems using analysis, technical and organizational expertise
- Strong sense of urgency to accomplish tasks on or ahead of schedule while still maintaining accuracy
- Demonstrated professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use independent judgement and sound decision-making skills in situations that impact project timetables, direction, and outcome
- Responsible attitude with strong work ethic; leading by example in attendance, attitude and technical work product.
- Strong teaming skills; works well with internal and external team members and drives execution through collaboration and networking
- Entrepreneurial and thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours when required
What we Offer
CloudHQ’s people and culture are the most enriching aspects that make us a great place to work. We are strengthened by industry experts who bring extensive knowledge, skill, and experience; leaders who bring vision, innovation and commitment to our people; and an expanding team of individuals who believe in that vision, and bring their best to support their customers and team.
Our U.S. employees enjoy competitive compensation and rewarding incentives, comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability), 401(k) with match, 11 paid holidays, generous PTO, development opportunities, and the ability to closely impact and contribute to the growth of an exceptional organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CloudHQ is an equal employee opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status.