Our purpose at CloudHQ is to provide flexible, efficient and resilient data center solutions to businesses of all sizes. Our growing organization was founded by the pioneer of data center REITs. CloudHQ has state-of-the-art data center sites located in two Northern Virginia locations, as well as London, Frankfurt and Paris, and we anticipate exponential growth over the next several years both in the US and abroad. We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join our growing team. This position is based in Washington, DC with easy walking distance to Metro Center and Gallery Place.
The Senior Accountant is part of the Corporate Team within CloudHQ. The Senior Accountant will provide support for the Accounting/Finance Team in the day-to-day operations and development of several large-scale data centers. The Senior Accountant will work with Property Management, Operations and Accounting personnel as well as Executive level staff within our organization. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of financial statements, monthly draws and general ledger account reconciliations. The candidate will be detailed oriented and able to succeed in a fast-past environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare journal entries
• Review corporate expense and overhead allocations
• Perform account variance analyses and reconciliations
• Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements including supporting workpaper packages
• Review invoices for proper coding and prepare for payment
• Reconcile and review all inter-company transactions and generate invoices as necessary
• Prepare monthly draw packages for submission to lenders
• Assist with due diligence tasks as required for Corporate Capital Transactions
• Compile financial data and other audit requirements
• Prepare monthly tenant and customer invoices
• Assist with other accounting projects as needed
• Travel to sites, client meeting, trainings or conferences as requested and required
• Prepare monthly required tax filings for Sales and Use Tax and Exempt Fuel purchases
Education: Bachelor’s degree, Accounting
Experience: 5-7 years in a professional business environment
• Ability to train and motivate junior staff members
• Real Estate experience a plus
• Strong business Acumen
• Demonstrated professional verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with Yardi or equivalent software highly preferred
• Expertise in popular Microsoft office suite applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Strong sense of urgency to accomplish tasks on or ahead of schedule while still maintaining accuracy
• Very strong organizational skills required
• Very strong attention to detail required
• Ability to multi-task while managing changing priorities
• Assertive personality style needed to ensure that processes are completed and moving on to the next stage of completion
• Strong work ethic and self- motivation required
• Ability to work overtime as required
• Ability to maintain excellent relationships with vendors, tenants and other departments within the Company
• Ability and willingness to respond to emails and phone calls after hours in the event of an emergency
What We Offer
CloudHQ’s people and culture are the most enriching aspects that make us a great place to work. We are strengthened by industry experts who bring extensive knowledge, skill, and experience, leaders who bring vision, innovation and commitment to our people, and an expanding team of individuals who believe in that vision, and bring their best to support their customers and team.
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation and rewarding incentives, comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability), 401(k) with match, 11 paid holidays, generous PTO, development opportunities, and the ability to closely impact and contribute to the growth of an exceptional organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CloudHQ is an equal employee opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status.