Insurance and Risk Manager - Global
Our purpose at CloudHQ is to provide flexible, efficient and resilient data center solutions to businesses of all sizes. Our growing organization was founded by the pioneer of data center REITs. CloudHQ has state-of-the-art data center sites located in two Northern Virginia locations, as well as London, Frankfurt, Paris, and Sao Paolo, and we anticipate exponential growth over the next several years both in the US and abroad. This position will be based in Washington DC, with global accountability.
The Insurance Risk Manager will be responsible for serving global operations in the placement of CloudHQ’s domestic and international casualty, liability, and employment practices insurance programs. This individual will lead efforts to compile, model, analyze, and interpret data as necessary in order to make actionable decisions that help in reducing the company’s total cost of risk. In collaboration with the CFO, COO, and General Counsel, (the “Executive team”) this individual will determine and develop optimal strategies for proper financial/contractual risk management.
About the Role
We will entrust you with specific responsibilities including:
• Partner with Executive team in determining program strategy and structure, and will execute placement of the domestic and global casualty insurance programs.
• Partner with Finance to determine premium rate adequacy, development of proper rating methodologies, optimal use of retentions, and equitable allocation of premiums in an effort to minimize loss costs to projects.
• Provide contract review and negotiation of insurance and indemnification provisions within operational and financing agreement for all entities under CloudHQ
• Act as the primary point of insurance support for global projects
• Serve as an advisor and consultant to leadership in order to assess risks and provide innovative solutions to complex risk-related business issues.
• Handles and manages accounts effectively on an ongoing basis, performing essential functions such as completing applications, preparing submissions, negotiating coverage, pricing with markets and reviewing proposals.
• Facilitate global insurance projects as directed by the Executive team.
• Collaborate with and serve as consultant to CloudHQ department heads including HR, IT, Safety & Security, and Legal departments and define risk mitigation or loss trend strategies.
• Assist in the change management and communications related to implementation and launches of risk management programs.
• Champion excellence in business ethics and integrity, environmental and social responsibility, and cross-cultural effectiveness.
We expect all our team members to be highly motivated to work in an environment that values innovation and understands that the nature of our business sometimes leads to changes in priorities. Your desire for success will ensure that projects are moving forward, with a sense of urgency, regardless of the challenges.
Basic Qualifications and Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Employment Eligibility: US Citizenship Required
Experience: Minimum 6 years corporate risk management experience with global reach, and demonstrated advanced knowledge of commercial lines of coverage and insurance markets.
Experience with data centers, construction, and/or real estate industry highly desired.
• Demonstrated experience with casualty insurance programs, use of captives, coverage triggers, or alternative risk finance tools to support company's most cost effective and efficient risk transfer/retention
• Strong negotiation skills and the ability to understand financial structure of deals and CloudHQ business models; position requires ability to direct insurance brokers, insurers, and work in a consulting capacity
• Demonstrated expertise with the placement of complex commercial insurance programs
• Demonstrated experience in contract review and negotiation of complex contracts/agreements
• Demonstrated ability to formulate creative solutions for complex business issues, mitigating risk and implementing best practice
• Operate with a collaborative mindset to ensure that key stakeholders are considered, eliminating the need for duplicate systems; build strong relationships to leverage information and insights to anticipate and respond to risks
• Strong interpersonal skills; able to maintain effective relationships at all levels with internal and external customers
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; listens to others and effectively comprehends information; creates an environment allowing timely information flows throughout the organization
• Ability to consistently make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; comfortable challenging organizational norms and accepted thinking to improve effectiveness
• Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills; ability to take large volumes of complex information and present it in a clear and concise manner appropriate for senior management decision-making; use data and a cogent problem-solving methodology in decision making and impact assessment
• Possess expertise in industry operations and market to effectively manage, maintain and service clients with the ability to communicate to other team members and the division
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and effectively
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed (<10% of the year)
What we Offer
CloudHQ’s people and culture are the most enriching aspects that make us a great place to work. We are strengthened by industry experts who bring extensive knowledge, skill, and experience; leaders who bring vision, innovation and commitment to our people; and an expanding team of individuals who believe in that vision, and bring their best to support their customers and team.
Our U.S. employees enjoy competitive compensation and rewarding incentives, comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability), 401(k) with match, 11 paid holidays, generous PTO, development opportunities, and the ability to closely impact and contribute to the growth of an exceptional organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CloudHQ is an equal employee opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status.