Lead Data Analyst - Data Insights & Operations
Chicago, Illinois, United States
NinjaHoldings was founded in 2017 by veteran serial entrepreneurs who were part of the core team behind Enova (NYSE:ENVA), a leading publicly traded consumer financial services company. We are a team of entrepreneurs and data scientists seeking to revolutionize the way everyday Americans interact with financial services. Through our CreditNinja and NinjaCard brands, we empower people overlooked by traditional financial institutions to take control of their finances via a full suite of digital banking and lending products, providing incentives and rewards along the way as we guide them on a path to financial improvement. Through our NinjaEdge brand, we help companies better understand their customers by offering a package of bespoke underwriting, fraud detection, and analytics services. With offices in Chicago, Miami, and around the world through the power of remote work, we are a lean and innovative team always seeking like-minded talent to join us in our fight to disrupt consumer finance.
CreditNinja is looking for a Lead Data Analyst to join a team of analytics and machine learning experts. The hire will be responsible for driving standardization of KPIs across the company. They will work with multiple business unit stakeholders and senior leadership to own the creation and maintenance of our data models and data visualizations. The ideal candidate is a self-directed individual who is excited to think out of the box to come up with new ideas using data driven insights. The individual must be comfortable working with cross functional teams. This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join a well-capitalizedp on the ground floor and help drive our success.
- Work with business units and senior management to design and build key metrics, reports and capabilities that allow for more effective and transparent execution of business goals
- Look for improvement and automation opportunities with business impact to drive maximum value from our existing data assets & tools
- Conduct analysis using advanced data mining and data visualization tools to support risk management, operations and marketing strategies and present results in a clear manner to senior management
- Improve/optimize collections strategies, monitor operations KPIs and optimize for efficiency and profitability.
- Work with cross-functional teams to explore new ways of finding insights from data and provide recommendations
- Conduct exploratory research into our data, our metrics, and how we can better use these commodities
- Bachelor’s degree (required) or advanced degree (preferred) in a quantitative field (mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience with data analytics and statistical modeling
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL), as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Strong project management and organizational skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- Ability to make large/complex data sets more accessible/understandable/usable through clean data models and data visualization.
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills with key attention to detail
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience working with specialty finance or FinTech
- Programming experience with Python
- Start-up experience
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including material equity grant
- Casual dress policy
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Dynamic start-up culture
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city or the flexibility to work from home
- Equal opportunity employer