Software Engineer in Test
Chicago, Illinois, United States
NinjaHoldings was founded in 2017 by a team seeking to revolutionize the way everyday Americans interact with financial services. Through our CreditNinja and NinjaCard brands, we empower people overlooked by traditional financial institutions to take control of their finances via a full suite of digital banking and lending products, providing incentives and rewards along the way as we guide them on a path to financial improvement. Through our NinjaEdge brand, we help companies better understand their customers by offering a package of bespoke underwriting, fraud detection, and analytics services. With offices in Chicago, Miami, and around the world through the power of remote work, we are a lean and innovative team always seeking like-minded talent to join us in our fight to disrupt consumer finance.
We are looking for the first Software Engineer in Test to join our team. Being the first is special because it sets the pattern for future hires in this position. You will be part of the QA team whose mission is not simply to test. Instead, the QA team's mission is to Protect the Business and Platform. Our QA team certainly does manual and automated testing. However, they also merge project branches, cut release branches, and generally perform release management and post-release monitoring because of their greater mission.
- You will closely with DevOps on improving the general execution time of our automate regression system.
- Build custom Python and Ruby libraries that generate test data such as Credit Ninja customers that can be approved for a loan in testing.
- Improve the quality of QA's automated testing development by designing and implementing better abstractions for the QA team to use when constructing regression tests.
- Will integrate into various third party test tools to expand the type of testing QA can do.
- Will build a system to track the long-term QA metrics desired by the VP of Engineering such as the probability of test failure based on historical unit/regression test runs and code churn.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a backend software engineer for non-trivial web applications
- Experience working with Frontend developers
- Strong communication ability to describe complex problems and solutions
- Experience in an object-oriented programing language such as Ruby, Python, Java, etc.
- Experience building libraries, CLI tools, and service for developers and QA
- Strong ability to write technical documentation.
- Experience setting up and enhancing CI/CD pipelines.
Additional Pluses, but not requirements:
- Extensive experience using SQL and working with Postgres
- Strong experience on in QA or DevOps
- Expertise in Ruby and Python
- Experience in Data Driven testing
· Competitive salary and benefits package, including equity
· Casual dress policy
· Fun, fast-paced work environment
· Dynamic start-up culture
· Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company
· Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city
· Equal opportunity employer