NinjaHoldings was founded in 2017 by a team seeking to revolutionize the way everyday Americans interact with financial services. Through our CreditNinja and NinjaCard brands, we empower people overlooked by traditional financial institutions to take control of their finances via a full suite of digital banking and lending products, providing incentives and rewards along the way as we guide them on a path to financial improvement. Through our NinjaEdge brand, we help companies better understand their customers by offering a package of bespoke underwriting, fraud detection, and analytics services. With offices in Chicago, Miami, and around the world through the power of remote work, we are a lean and innovative team always seeking like-minded talent to join us in our fight to disrupt consumer finance.
As a Product Designer you will be responsible for delivering world-class experiences to our customers across all phases of their financial journeys by applying research, empathy, and vigor. You will be empowered to take the initiative on leading UX design projects and setting the foundation for the experience design function at the company. You will be a key player in establishing processes for continuous innovation and improvement in partnership with the product management team. You will elevate the value of design and design thinking by grounding it in the foundation for building all our future products.
This is the perfect role for someone who is obsessed with delighting customers and internal users through UI design through continuous discovery and iteration. You would play a key role in building the product design function and crafting our experience design strategy across our company’s websites, customer interactions, and digital technologies. For you design is not about just look and feel, it is also a lot about how it works.
- Partnering with product management, marketing, engineering, and other teams to create our next generation of digital experiences for consumers and internal users
- Collaborating with product managers, analytics, marketing, data science, and other partners to better understand customer needs and pain points and to verify that your designs are solving for them
- Proactively finding opportunities to improve our products by using data to drive creativity and innovation and analyzing the impact of new experiences on key performance indicators
- Applying design-research methods and delivering informed recommendations for projects based on your research findings
- Designing wireframes, mockups, prototypes, specs, etc. to clearly communicate ideas to team members and stakeholders
- Thoughtfully crafting high-quality design deliverables and product specifications, working closely with the engineering team, mastering the zen of making trade-offs between business needs and high levels of quality and visual fidelity of our products
- Immersing yourself in the latest technology solutions and serving as a resource on topics such as information architecture, accessibility, user interface design, mobile experiences, creative copywriting, browser support, and search engine optimization
- Fluency with best practices for mobile-first design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Ability to translate desired product outcomes into functional user experiences and nurturing these experiences as the product matures through different stages of the product life cycle
- 4+ years of professional experience as a product designer, interaction designer, UX designer, or comparable experience
- Bachelor’s in interaction design or a related design discipline or comparable experience
- A portfolio of work demonstrating your design thinking, your process (flows, prototypes, wireframes), and visual designs (mockups, mood boards, style guides) across desktop and mobile devices
- Experience with the design process from start to finish — requirements gathering, conceptual design, validation, testing, optimization, and iteration
- Demonstrated experience working with design systems and brand standards
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative user research methodologies, translating them into design decisions, and articulating decisions to the team
- Experience with establishing the voice of design in the software and product development lifecycle
- A proactive mindset that sets out to simplify complex problems, find opportunities for improvement while balancing user and business needs
- A commitment to building positive relationships to support the strength of our team
- A high bar for quality and attention to detail
- An agile and highly collaborative mindset
- Experience working on the full software and services lifecycle, launching products from ideation to completion
- Familiarity with Figma/Sketch/Adobe XD as well as with design systems
- Understanding of how modern front-end web and mobile applications are built, familiarity with HTML/CSS and UI frameworks.
- Focus on consumer-facing digital products and services
- Experience in the financial industry, such as banking, credit cards, lending, etc
- Experience with Figma, as the core element of your toolbox.
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including equity
- Casual dress policy
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Dynamic start-up culture
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city
- Equal opportunity employer