NinjaHoldings was founded in 2017 by a team seeking to revolutionize the way everyday Americans interact with financial services. Through our CreditNinja and NinjaCard brands, we empower people overlooked by traditional financial institutions to take control of their finances via a full suite of digital banking and lending products, providing incentives and rewards along the way as we guide them on a path to financial improvement. Through our NinjaEdge brand, we help companies better understand their customers by offering a package of bespoke underwriting, fraud detection, and analytics services. With offices in Chicago, Miami, and around the world through the power of remote work, we are a lean and innovative team always seeking like-minded talent to join us in our fight to disrupt consumer finance.
Site Reliability Engineers are part of the Operations department and are responsible for overall product reliability. Team members are generally focused on investigating problems and maintaining service availability. This role could be treated as a developer or DevOps role with a primary focus on troubleshooting and repairing production issues as opposed to developing new product features. Our primary focus is maintaining reliability, data security, and a seamless user experience as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Site Reliability Engineers work daily with the Engineering, QA and DevOps teams.
• Investigating and troubleshooting potential bugs in the platform reported by Operations
• Repairing damage caused by issues in the platform or its external vendors
• Advising Operations on technical matters and automating tasks specific to their needs
• Gathering and analyzing metrics to assist in optimizing reliability, quality and performance
• Conducting post-incident reviews and documenting in-house knowledge and procedures
• Working alongside Engineering to improve services via intelligent system design, platform management and capacity planning
This person will investigate deep technical issues working alongside Engineering. It is a strategic goal of this position to be efficient and have high productivity within a small team size. This person will often work in the production platform code and infrastructure directly.
The right candidate meets the following:
• 3+ years of professional experience as a DevOps engineer, SRE, Software Developer, or similar (if not, be ready to demonstrate similar equivalency)
• Significant experience building, maintaining, operating, and debugging three tier web applications
• Familiarity with modern DevOps practices, tools, and public cloud providers
• Experience writing SQL
• Fluent in Linux based command line environments
• A talent and passion for debugging and solving problems with practical solutions
• Strong ability to assess, communicate and correct complex issues at a fast pace
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Bonus points for the following:
• Experience with HTML/CSS/JS and modern React-based front-ends
• Experience building, maintaining, supporting, and deploying Ruby on Rails applications
• Experience building, maintaining, supporting, and deploying Python Flask applications
• Familiarity with AWS and Docker in ECS / Kubernetes environments
• Experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines (especially using CircleCI)
• Competitive salary and benefits package, including equity
• Casual dress policy
• Fun, fast-paced work environment
• Dynamic start-up culture
• Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company
• Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city
• Equal opportunity employer