NinjaHoldings was founded in 2017 by a team seeking to revolutionize the way everyday Americans interact with financial services. Through our CreditNinja and NinjaCard brands, we empower people overlooked by traditional financial institutions to take control of their finances via a full suite of digital banking and lending products, providing incentives and rewards along the way as we guide them on a path to financial improvement. Through our NinjaEdge brand, we help companies better understand their customers by offering a package of bespoke underwriting, fraud detection, and analytics services. With offices in Chicago, Miami, and around the world through the power of remote work, we are a lean and innovative team always seeking like-minded talent to join us in our fight to disrupt consumer finance.
Production Support Engineers are part of the Operations department, and essentially fall into two roles. Most members are Tier 3 support focused on resolving Operations tickets. Their primary role is to investigate problems and restore service, typically on an individual customer basis. The second role has more development focused responsibilities, and may be called upon to work on Tier 4 support issues, while being strategically focused on automating Production Support and Operations work.
Production Support Engineers do not interact directly with customers, but work daily with the Customer Service, Engineering, and Product teams.
• Investigating potential bugs in the platform reported by Operations teams
• Repairing damage caused by issues in the platform or its external vendors
• Advising Operations on technical matters and automating tasks specific to their needs
• Working with Engineering and Product teams to troubleshoot ongoing issues and inform future development and test cases
• Consulting on features for our internal Call Center web application used to manage our customer accounts
• Creating and maintaining support documentation of in-house knowledge and procedures
This person will investigate deep technical issues working alongside the Engineering team, and focus on the automation of Production Support and/or broader Operations support tasks wherever possible. It is a strategic goal of this position to be efficient and have high productivity within a small team size. This person may also have a limited role developing features for our internal Call Center web application and working on production platform code.
The right candidate meets the following:
• 3+ years of professional experience (if not, be ready to demonstrate similar equivalency)
• Experience writing SQL
• Fluent in Linux based command line environments
• A talent for debugging and solving problems with practical solutions
• Experience building, maintaining, operating, and debugging three tier web applications
• Strong ability to assess, communicate and correct complex problems at a fast pace
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Bonus points for the following:
• Experience as tier 3 Production Support
• Experience building and debugging Ruby on Rails applications
• Extensive experience writing SQL for complex debugging and/or reporting purposes
• Competitive salary and benefits package, including equity
• Casual dress policy
• Fun, fast-paced work environment
• Dynamic start-up culture
• Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company
• Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city
• Equal opportunity employer