Frontend Software Engineer
Chicago, Illinois, United States
NinjaHoldings was founded in 2017 by a team seeking to revolutionize the way everyday Americans interact with financial services. Through our CreditNinja and NinjaCard brands, we empower people overlooked by traditional financial institutions to take control of their finances via a full suite of digital banking and lending products, providing incentives and rewards along the way as we guide them on a path to financial improvement. Through our NinjaEdge brand, we help companies better understand their customers by offering a package of bespoke underwriting, fraud detection, and analytics services. With offices in Chicago, Miami, and around the world through the power of remote work, we are a lean and innovative team always seeking like-minded talent to join us in our fight to disrupt consumer finance.
The frontend software engineer will build react based components that will be used by multiple Ninja Holdings businesses. These components will be for customer experiences related to lending and banking. They will work together with product managers, designers, and backend engineers to solve common goals.
This right candidate has previously established guidelines, standards, and tools for the entire engineering team to use when building UI’s.
- Building components with developer friendly documentation that will be used on our clients websites.
- Enhancing our call center web application, which is used to view and manage our client accounts.
- Working with colleagues and engineering leadership to define technical solutions that meet business requirements.
- Develop clean, elegant, and reusable code that is easy to maintain and extend.
- Identify improvements to reduce technical debt
- Has 5+ years of professional experience as a Frontend Developer.
- 3+ years experience working with React, Redux, and Redux Saga
- Experience building custom CMS themes and layouts
- Experience working with a development team that uses a heavy web application framework like Ruby on Rails.
- Experience working directly with UI/UX designers and understands the basics of UI/UX.
- Worked on projects for consumer-facing online websites that include a mix of pure marketing as well as a customer portal.
- Strong communication ability to work with Designers and Engineers
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including equity
- Casual dress policy
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Dynamic start-up culture
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company
- Equal opportunity employer