NinjaHoldings was founded in 2017 by a team seeking to revolutionize the way everyday Americans interact with financial services. Through our CreditNinja and NinjaCard brands, we empower people overlooked by traditional financial institutions to take control of their finances via a full suite of digital banking and lending products, providing incentives and rewards along the way as we guide them on a path to financial improvement. Through our NinjaEdge brand, we help companies better understand their customers by offering a package of bespoke underwriting, fraud detection, and analytics services. With offices in Chicago, Miami, and around the world through the power of remote work, we are a lean and innovative team always seeking like-minded talent to join us in our fight to disrupt consumer finance.
Software Engineers in this role are part of the Operations department and will be primarily focused on developing and maintaining our internal Call Center web applications, along with automating broader operational tasks. This role will work closely with Operations stakeholders in order to streamline processes via technical systems design and feature development for our internal applications.
Software Engineers in this role work daily with the Engineering, QA and DevOps teams.
- Developing features for our internal Call Center web application used to manage our customer accounts
- Enhancing, refactoring, and/or maintaining existing systems as needed
- Repairing damage caused by issues in the platform or its external vendors
- Advising Operations on technical matters and automating tasks specific to their needs
- Working with Operations and Engineering teams to inform future development and shape overall vision
- Creating and maintaining technical and/or support documentation for development projects
This person will have a primary role in developing features for our internal Call Center web applications and will be working in our production platform code from time to time. This person should be very comfortable building and maintaining 3-tier web applications with a focus on good systems design, and be familiar with common front and back-end methodologies. It is a strategic goal of this position to be efficient and have high productivity within a small team size. This person may also be called upon to investigate deep technical issues working alongside the Engineering team, in addition to automating Production Support and/or broader Operations support tasks wherever possible.
The right candidate meets the following:
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development (if not, be ready to demonstrate similar equivalency)
- Experience building, maintaining, operating, and debugging three tier web applications
- Experience writing SQL
- Fluent in Linux based command line environments
- Strong ability to assess, communicate and correct complex problems at a fast pace
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Bonus points for the following:
- Experience building, maintaining, supporting, and deploying Ruby on Rails applications
- Experience with HTML/CSS/JS and modern React-based front-ends
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including equity
- Casual dress policy
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Dynamic start-up culture
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city
- Equal opportunity employer