NinjaHoldings was founded in 2017 by a team seeking to revolutionize the way everyday Americans interact with financial services. Through our CreditNinja and NinjaCard brands, we empower people overlooked by traditional financial institutions to take control of their finances via a full suite of digital banking and lending products, providing incentives and rewards along the way as we guide them on a path to financial improvement. Through our NinjaEdge brand, we help companies better understand their customers by offering a package of bespoke underwriting, fraud detection, and analytics services. With offices in Chicago, Miami, and around the world through the power of remote work, we are a lean and innovative team always seeking like-minded talent to join us in our fight to disrupt consumer finance.
CreditNinja is seeking an experienced Senior Manager of Financial Reporting who will report directly to the Controller focusing on the preparation and filing of all external reporting requirements and researching technical accounting issues. They will also support the annual audit and research, interpret and implement accounting issues and new standards. This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join a well-capitalized startup on the ground floor and help drive our success.
- Build and create internal and external reporting processes
- Responsible for the management, preparation, accuracy and timely submission of the Company’s internal and external reporting requirements including footnote support schedules and disclosure checklists.
- Coordinate with the accounting team to make changes to accounting systems to facilitate a more efficient close process and ensure all accounting policies are in accordance with U.S. GAAP and are consistently followed by the accounting and finance teams.
- Manage and mentor a senior staff team member
- Work as primary liaison to external auditors; answer auditor inquiries and provide supporting detail schedules as needed
- Assist and lead implementation of new accounting system
- Contribute to business results by working cross-functionally with teams
- Assist with ad hoc reporting requests as needed
degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA required
- Minimum of 7-8 years experience in public accounting or relevant industry experience
- Current experience in a public accounting firm or in an SEC reporting function for a publicly traded company.
- XBRL experience and Advanced Excel skills required
- Strong quantitative analytical skills
- Experience working with start ups, specialty finance or FinTech a plus
must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including equity grant
- Casual dress policy
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Dynamic start-up culture
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city
- Equal opportunity employer