NinjaHoldings was founded in 2017 by a team seeking to revolutionize the way everyday Americans interact with financial services. Through our CreditNinja and NinjaCard brands, we empower people overlooked by traditional financial institutions to take control of their finances via a full suite of digital banking and lending products, providing incentives and rewards along the way as we guide them on a path to financial improvement. Through our NinjaEdge brand, we help companies better understand their customers by offering a package of bespoke underwriting, fraud detection, and analytics services. With offices in Chicago, Miami, and around the world through the power of remote work, we are a lean and innovative team always seeking like-minded talent to join us in our fight to disrupt consumer finance.
The Director of Software Engineering will be responsible for growing and leading the development teams at CreditNinja. The Director will work closely with the VP of Engineering to create and execute the technical vision while delivering on the strategic business roadmap. A mix of Development Managers and Leads will report to the Director.
The right candidate understands that a strong relationship with business teams is important. This person also understands that constant incremental improvement can meet long term technical goals while delivering on business needs. The right person has excellent verbal and written communication and is able to articulate complex technical issues with clarity to non-technical teammates. Finally the right candidate is technical. He or she may not write code everyday, but understands what it takes to build software from past experience building systems.
You'll be part of a growing Engineering department (currently 32) leading the efforts of the development teams which are composed of developers and QA. You will...
· Have a substantial focus on recruiting and interviewing engineers
· Be instrumental in the coaching and mentoring of leads and junior managers
· Be responsible for the quality of work produced and the quality of how it's produced.
· Set and the direct the technical vision.
· Work closely with the Product teams.
· At least 4+ years of professional experience as a Developer, QA, or DevOps Engineer
· At least 4+ years engineering in web application context
· At least 2+ years of experience as a Sr Manager or Director of Engineering teams
· Excellent written communication skill. We are a distributed company and asynchronous communication is a strategic foundation.
· Excellent verbal communication skill. We certainly leverage video calls as needed.
· Experience growing an Engineering organization
Additional Pluses, but not requirements:
· Experience leading teams in growth stage companies
· Experience in fintech, banking, and lending a big plus.
● Competitive salary and benefits package, including equity
● Casual dress policy
● Fun, fast-paced work environment
● Dynamic start-up culture
● Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company
● Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city
● Equal opportunity employer