CreditNinja is a FinTech company founded in 2017 by industry and start-up veterans, CreditNinja has been writing installment loans for consumers with less than perfect credit scores since April 2018. Since then CreditNinja has expanded to 10+ US states and currently offers 6 different product types that have been issued for a total of $94M. CreditNinja is well funded and set up to grow fast profitably. CreditNinja has a small, very agile team that is data and results driven. Headquartered in downtown Chicago, we are a lean and innovative team seeking like-minded talent to help us disrupt the consumer finance industry.
The DB Engineer will be responsible for creating, monitoring, and performance tuning our data infrastructure, which includes our production transactional databases, data pipelines, and data warehouse. This person will work closely with other Engineering teams (i.e. Dev, QA, DevOps), BI, and Data Science.
The right candidate understands how relational databases work and has working knowledge on the difference between row vs column based systems as it relates to data warehousing. Because the candidate understands what it means for a database to be considered “infrastructure” as well as a critical “application”, the candidate naturally values planning, communication, and deliberate work in a high risk environment. The right person understands the fundamental operational concerns of ELT and ETL architectures/processes. Finally, you believe automation and automated testing are very important to reliability, safety, and operational awareness.
· Establishing a new data warehouse stack using Snowflake, Fivetran, and DBT
· Improving monitoring and alerting on Postgres and MS SQL Server databases
· Performance tuning Postgres and MS SQL Server databases at query level, table level, DB level, and instance level
· Establishing data pipelines into and out of the production DB's and data warehouse for BI and Data Science teams
· At least 2+ years of professional experience as a DBA or DB Engineer
· Non-trivial experience creating, managing, tuning Postgres, MS SQL Server, and MySQL databases
· Strong communication
· Experience with ELT and/or ETL processes and data model design
· Experience working on cloud platforms such as AWS
Additional Pluses, but not requirements:
· Experience using Ruby or Python for building automated scripts
· Experience using Snowflake
· Experience using Terraform
· Experience in Data Driven testing
· Competitive salary and benefits package, including material equity grant
· Casual dress policy
· Fun, fast-paced work environment
· Dynamic start-up culture
· Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company
· Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city
· Equal opportunity employer