CreditNinja is a FinTech company founded in 2017 by veteran serial entrepreneurs who were part of the core team behind Enova (NYSE:ENVA), a leading publicly traded consumer financial services company. CreditNinja's mission is to provide hardworking Americans with financial solutions when unexpected expenses arise. Unlike traditional banks, CreditNinja works hard to ensure that people with less-than-perfect credit can have quick access to the money they need. Headquartered in downtown Chicago, we are a lean and innovative team seeking like-minded talent to help us disrupt the consumer finance industry.
The Senior Software Developer will be responsible for developing and maintaining our production platform. An ideal candidate must be comfortable with tight deadlines, vague requirements, and open-ended projects. Unit tests are crucial in the role and writing them from time to time along with touching the deployment process is necessary.
● Underwriting which decides if a customer is approved for a loan
● Loan management system which involves 3rd party integrations and the general state machine of a loan
● Marketing which involves handling customer flow through multiple marketing channels
● Find creative solutions to complex development problems using all technologies at your disposal, especially big data and cloud technologies.
● Establish vision and technical direction for major projects
● Interact with various non-engineering teams
● 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer for web applications
● Experience working with Frontend developers
● Strong communication ability to describe complex problems and solutions
● Experience in an object-oriented programing language such as Ruby, Python, Java, etc.
● Experience working with heavy web application development frameworks such as Ruby on Rails
Additional Plus, but not requirements:
● Extensive experience working with Ruby on Rails to build non-trivial web applications
● Extensive experience using SQL to investigate non-trivial issues or to create complex reporting
● Strong experience on the Frontend or the infrastructure (DevOps)
● Competitive salary and benefits package, including material equity grant
● Casual dress policy
● Fun, fast-paced work environment
● Dynamic start-up culture
● Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company
● Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city
● Equal opportunity employer