CreditNinja is a FinTech company founded in 2017 by industry veteran entrepreneurs who were part of the core team behind Enova (NYSE:ENVA), focused on providing unsecured credit to the subprime segment of the $100+ billion personal loan market. Since then CreditNinja has expanded to 30 US states and currently offers 4 different product types. Headquartered in downtown Chicago, we are a lean, agile and innovative team seeking like-minded talent to help us disrupt the consumer finance industry.
Lead Software Engineer
Location: Miami, Florida & Chicago, Illinois
The Lead Software Engineer will be responsible for the technical leadership of a development team. This person will work closely with PM's and Engineering Leadership to build new systems, enhance and refactor existing systems, integrate with external systems, and performance projects.
The right candidate understands that a single engineer adds value and that an Engineering department manages complexity. This person has built systems from the ground up and had to deal with bad design assumptions and scaling issues. The right candidate has developed good design instincts through a mix of seeing "what not to do" as well as being a student of good design. Finally the right candidate understands that leading a tech team requires competency in technical project management and the kind of communications skills that go beyond technical jargon.
What You’ll Work On:
CreditNinja has moved into the growth stage. You'll be leading a team that will be a mix of full stack generalists and specialists in particular areas of our lending platform. Your team will be working on things like:
- Underwriting which decides if a customer is approved for a loan
- Loan management system redesign which involves 3rd party integrations and the general state machine of a loan
- Marketing systems which involves bidding and processing loan applications through multiple marketing channels
- DB and application performance engineering projects; business is good and we need to scale our platform.
You will work closely with the VP of Engineering and fellow leads to create and execute the evolution of our lending platform and the Engineering roadmap.
What We Are Looking For:
- 7+ years of professional experience as a software engineer on sophisticated web applications
- Experience leading a small team of developers
- Strong communication ability to describe complex problems and solutions
- Experience in an object-oriented programing language such as Ruby, Python, Java, etc.
- Experience working with heavy web application development frameworks such as Ruby on Rails
- Experience with designing data models for relational databases
Additional Pluses, but not requirements:
- Expertise in Postgres
- Strong experience on the Frontend or the infrastructure (DevOps)
- Ruby on Rails
- Python Flask app
- Postgres, Redis, Redshift
- Vanilla JS
- All on AWS using Lambdas, EC2, ECS
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Equity Comp
- Casual Dress Policy
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Dynamic start-up culture
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company
- Equal opportunity employer