CreditNinja is a FinTech company founded in 2017 by industry veteran entrepreneurs who were part of the core team behind Enova (NYSE:ENVA), focused on providing unsecured credit to the subprime segment of the $100+ billion personal loan market. Since then CreditNinja has expanded to 30 US states and currently offers 4 different product types. Headquartered in downtown Chicago, we are a lean, agile and innovative team seeking like-minded talent to help us disrupt the consumer finance industry.
Senior Software Engineer
Location: Miami, Florida & Chicago, Illinois
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for building new systems, enhancing and refactoring existing systems, integrating with external systems, and performance projects. This person will work closely with PM's, Engineering Leads, and fellow engineers.
This person has built systems from the ground up and had to deal with bad design assumptions and scaling issues. The right candidate has developed good design instincts through a mix of seeing "what not to do" as well as being a "student" of good design.
What You’ll Work On:
You'll be part of a team that works in one of the following areas.
- Underwriting which decides if a customer is approved for a loan
- Loan management system which involves 3rd party integrations and the general state machine of a loan
- Marketing which involves bidding and processing loan applications through multiple marketing channels
- Performance projects involving a mix of application code and interactions with our Postgres DB; business is good and we need to scale.
- You will work closely with your technical lead to shape the overall Engineering vision and roadmap.
What We Are Looking For:
- 5+ years of professional experience as a backend software engineer for non-trivial web applications
- Experience working with Frontend developers
- Strong communication ability to describe complex problems and solutions
- Experience in an object-oriented programing language such as Ruby, Python, Java, etc.
- Experience working with heavy web application development frameworks such as Ruby on Rails
- Extensive experience with data model design for relational databases
Additional Pluses, but not requirements:
- Extensive experience using SQL to investigate non-trivial issues or to create complex reporting
- Strong experience on the Frontend or the infrastructure (DevOps)
- Experience working in Ruby and Python
- Ruby on Rails
- Python Flask app
- Postgres, Redis, Redshift
- Vanilla JS
- All on AWS using Lambdas, EC2, ECS
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Equity Comp
- Casual Dress Policy
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Dynamic start-up culture
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company
- Equal opportunity employer