Are you looking to work at a high growth, innovative, and purpose driven FinTech company? If so, you’ll love Payveris. Our mission is to build technology that enables banks and credit unions to help their customers simplify their financial lives. We do that by making it easier for consumers and businesses to pay bills, move money, manage money and achieve strong financial health. If you are self-driven, have a passion for technology and want to make a difference in the world, we want to meet you.
Reporting to the SVP of Operations, the Director of Compliance will ensure our adherence to the regulations, policies, and procedures that govern financial institutions and money movement. This role will develop, implement, train, and manage all compliance functions in the areas of payment regulations and laws, FinTech policies and procedures, consumer protection, and advise on risk management. The Director of Compliance will also be the main point of contact with internal and external auditors and will own the compliance and completion of applicable audit requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for administration and daily management and monitoring of Payveris’ BSA, AML, and OFAC compliance and Vendor Risk Management programs.
• Responsible for ongoing employee training program of BSA, AML, OFAC, and IT Security.
• Utilizes transaction monitoring reports to identify suspicious activity or trends to ensure compliance with client agreements including effective controls and adherence to applicable laws.
• Initial and ongoing due diligence activities including Annual Vendor and Client Risk Assessments, documentary review, and KYC profiling review.
• Responds to due diligence requests from clients, vendors, and prospects.
• Manages process to submit, track, and report SAR, 314 and subpoena activity for the program.
• Ensures that all clients and vendors within the payment systems vertical are in compliance with the terms and conditions set forth in the business agreements.
• Schedules, prepares for, and organizes items for examinations and audits.
• Works with company stakeholders to identify and implement processes, systems and technologies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of methods employed to achieve compliance standards.
• Maintains detailed documentation of all processes used to satisfy above activities.
• Collaborates with business lines to identify compliant solutions for advancement of our platform and innovation.
The following are representative of the knowledge, skills and attributes necessary to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced growth stage, team-focused culture and adapt to a changing environment.
• Team player who is excited about wearing multiple hats whenever needed.
• Data-driven, analytical mindset with excellent critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
• Strong time management, planning, organization, and facilitation skills.
• Ability to summarize complex issues simply and effectively; interpret the spirit of the rule as well as the actual language, understanding the bigger picture and what the regulators are trying to accomplish with the regulation.
• Ability to think big and execute tactically.
• Superior attention to detail, while also maintaining a view of the big picture.
• Ability to apply rules and regulations to real-life scenarios and advise on best practices and support informed business decisions.
• The ability to assess the alternatives and make a decision based on the risk and risk tolerance, while achieving business objectives.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate at all levels in the organization.
Education and Knowledge:
• 8+ years compliance and vendor management experience, preferably with a focus on FinTech or payments.
• CAMS designation.
• Certification such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or Certified Regulatory and Compliance Professional (CRCP) strongly preferred.
• Deep understanding of emerging technologies/trends in the payments space.
• Ability to self-manage and work independently, as well as effectively communicate and collaborate at all levels of the organization.
• Bachelor's or graduate degree in business, finance, law, or related field; or equivalent experience.
Payveris is changing the way financial institutions deliver digital payments and money movement to their consumer and business customers. Our team brings a wealth of experience from the payment, financial technology and banking industries to the mission of improving the overall digital payment and money movement experience for consumers, businesses, and financial institution employees.
Our obsessive client-focus and passion for quality, coupled with a deep background and knowledge of technology, banking, and payments compels us to re-imagine a better, more efficient way to do business. We provide payment technology that simplifies, rather than complicates. We focus on continuous improvement. And we are fanatical about delivering the best experience possible to our financial institution clients and their partners, customers and members. Visit www.payveris.com to learn more.