Are you looking to work at a high-growth, innovative, and purpose-driven FinTech company? If so, you will love Payveris. Our mission is to build technology that enables banks and credit unions to help their customers simplify their financial lives. We do that by making it easier for consumers and businesses to pay bills, move money, manage money, and achieve strong financial health. If you are self-driven, have a passion for technology and want to make a difference in the world, we want to meet you.
We are currently looking for a Director, IT Operations reporting to Chief Technology Officer. This position is responsible for implementing and maintaining a safe, secure, and reliable computing environment for our employees, our customers, our partners, and our end-users by implementing policies, owning our cloud computing environments, making our operational processes resilient, and leading resources to provide technical support. You will work with cross-functional resources like engineering, compliance, and operations to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management during this time of broad platform and product growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Implement, enhance, and maintain policies, including information security, business continuity/disaster recovery, etc.
• Support compliance efforts and audits for industry standards like SOC, PCI DSS, NACHA, etc.
• Set and maintain standards for secure desktop and server environments.
• Own and support our cloud computing environments including infrastructure, provisioning, security, and monitoring.
• Lead technical support efforts for employees and customers while maintaining client support SLAs.
• Collaborate with engineering teams on our operational processes.
• Build and manage team of technical and operational resources.
• Participate on the technology leadership team to guide our decisions and growth.
The following are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Knowledge:
• Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ years of experience working in technology supporting infrastructure, cloud environments, information security, and/or IT operations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven management and organizational skills.
• Experience leading information security based on industry standards, like NIST or ISO.
• Experience participating in compliance efforts, including SOC and PCI DSS.
• Strong adaptability and capacity to work in fast-paced environments.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Experience leading organizations through all aspects of information security, including policies, threat monitoring, vulnerability testing, internal auditing, penetrating testing, etc.
• Experience with industry information security standards like NIST, ISO, etc.
• Hands-on experience supporting cloud computing environments like AWS or Azure, including on-demand infrastructure, firewalls, load balancers, cloud-native technologies, monitoring, etc.
• Experience working with internal teams and external auditors on compliance efforts, like SOC and PCI DSS.
• Experience implementing standardized monitoring, alerting, and automation for technical operational processes.
• Knowledge of both Linux and Windows computing environments.
• Ability to manage technical resources and implement processes to efficiently support their day-to-day and tactical responsibilities.
• Ability to develop and propose secure standards for desktops, laptops, and servers.
• Experience leading business continuity/disaster recovery efforts, including annual testing.
• Experience working with open-source software development technologies or teams is a plus.
• Relevant work experience in financial services and/or payments industry is a plus.
• An obsession with food, music, movies, sports, or a hobby you are passionate about outside of work.
Payveris is the creator of The MoveMoney Platform, an Open API cloud-based platform enabling financial institutions to control, simplify, and extend digital money movement capabilities to any application or device while lowering user experience friction, significantly reducing operating costs & future-proofing the IT investment. Visit www.payveris.com to learn more.