Are you looking to work at a high growth, innovative, and purpose driven FinTech company? If so, you will love Payveris! Our mission is to build technology that enables banks and credit unions to help their customers simplify their financial lives. We do that by making it easier for consumers and businesses to pay bills, move money, manage money, and achieve strong financial health. If you are self-driven, have a passion for technology and want to make a difference in the world, we want to meet you.
We are currently looking for a talented, energetic, and process-oriented Accounting Manager. Reporting to Payveris Vice President, Controller, the Accounting Manager is an integral member of the Payveris Finance, Accounting and Administration team and will maintain accounting records and undertake essential analytical requirements used in management and reporting of the company. This dynamic role will also collaboratively work cross-functionally with all Payveris technical and operational teams residing at our metro Hartford, CT headquarters and remotely across the U.S.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for accounts payable; will code, verify, obtain approval, and enter all AP invoices and employee expense reports; prepare weekly vendor payments.
- Responsible for customer files and accounts receivable; prepare and send customer invoices, record payments received; and prepare bank deposits.
- Assist with month-end procedures, including prepare/post accruals, maintain GL account reconciliations and preparing bank reconciliations.
- Accounts for all company fixed assets and maintains fixed asset detail.
- Performs analytical functions to support management reporting and planning requirements.
- Prepare quarterly sales and use tax returns; prepare annual 1099’s; prepare annual personal property declaration.
- Assists with preliminary and after year-end financial audits, annual financial plan, year-end close, and tax returns.
- Prepare daily operational bank account reconciliations; partner with Operations and Accounting associates to resolve discrepancies.
- Maintains and balances general ledger; applies GAAP to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the company’s general ledger accounts
- Prepares financial reports, forecasts, and analyses by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports and censuses; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing critical projects as needed and providing support to the Finance department.
The following are representative of the education, knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA/BS in Accounting required and a CPA is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of accounting experience required, preferably in the fintech or software industry. Experience in public accounting is a strong plus.
- Superior skillset in Excel and written/verbal communication required. Experience with QuickBooks and other accounting platforms strongly preferred.
- Ability to independently demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Experience and proficiency with account reconciliations.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial data analysis.
- Ability to use accounting software to record, store, and analyze financial data.
- Able to develop standards, analyze Information, and deal with complexity.
- Experience with financial research and navigation, and reporting results in a meaningful and timely way.
- Strong attention to detail, a strict adherence to confidentiality, and thoroughness in all work.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines while working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
To apply for this position:
For consideration of this position, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Payveris is changing the way financial institutions deliver digital payments and money movement to their consumer and business customers. Our team brings a wealth of experience from the payment, financial technology, and banking industries to the mission of improving the overall digital payment and money movement experience for consumers, businesses, and financial institution employees.
Our obsessive client-focus and passion for quality, coupled with a deep background and knowledge of technology, banking, and payments compels us to re-imagine a better, more efficient way to do business. We provide payment technology that simplifies, rather than complicates. We focus on continuous improvement. And we are fanatical about delivering the best experience possible to our financial institution clients and their partners, customers, and members. Visit www.payveris.com to learn more.