Payment and Money Movement Products
Location: Atlanta, GA or Cromwell, CT
Are you looking to work at a high growth, innovative, and purpose driven FinTech company? If so, you’ll love Payveris. Our mission is to build technology that enables banks and credit unions to help their customers simplify their financial lives. We do that by making it easier for consumers and businesses to pay bills, move money, manage money and achieve strong financial health. If you are self-driven, have a passion for technology and want to make a difference in the world, we want to meet you.
Reporting to the Director, Product Management, this position will be responsible for building the next generation of frictionless digital payment and money movement services. You will work with clients, users, partners, internal stakeholders, UX design, and engineers to execute on developing world class user experience. This is a critical position in our fast-growing company and provides the right candidate with the opportunity to be creative and forward thinking to deliver unique and mission critical initiatives. This position requires strong time management, project management, problem-solving, collaboration, and communication skills to succeed in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall management of the Payveris money movement product set including product research, design, pricing, promotion, adoption, engagement, and transaction growth.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define product scope, objectives, and requirements to build detailed user journeys and stories that reduce friction in the digital payments and money movement experience.
- Prepare, lead, and maintain the release backlog priorities and sprint planning. Own all backlog items, acceptance criteria and acceptance test cases.
- Work with Product Management to set the objectives and priorities for backlog management, sprints, and releases and to communicate those objectives and priorities to Development and other stakeholder teams including User Experience (UX).
- Participate as a leader and driver of one or more scrum teams and work daily with developer and testers to elaborate user stories and help the team meet its objectives.
- Present business reviews and demonstrations of completed product features.
- May play a key role in the training of client and technical support personnel on enhancements, new systems or procedures. Training may be delivered one-on-one as knowledge transfer or in a classroom setting, depending on the number in the audience and client preference.
- Analyze marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc.
- Cultivate an understanding of system impacts to other systems and procedures.
- Serve as pre-sales support specialist when needed.
- May consult directly with the client and may travel to the client site.
- Drive UI/UX best practices across the organization, including accessibility and usability.
- Help unify the user experience of currently fragmented properties, products, and gaps.
- Perform other related duties, as required.
The following are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 5-yrs relevant work experience in financial services and/or payments industry. In-depth knowledge of digital payment and money movement related products required.
- Experience working in a software development environment using one of the AGILE SDLC methodologies.
- Knowledge of the tools, techniques and principles used in application development in object- oriented development, or other relevant technology.
- Problem solving – Will have to be able to assimilate information from a variety of sources and develop a coherent strategy and product development plan with the SCRUM team to meet those needs.
- Ability to create a vision of a solution which stretches the team and delivers true innovation in the marketplace.
- Interpret requirements from the business teams and turn them into “features” and “stories” that can be developed into products by Development.
- Skilled in working with program management and other team members and experienced in delivering multi-faceted projects according to schedule.
- Leadership - Responsible for providing product direction to a Development team to achieve the project aims. Development resources will be under the direction of the Product Owner for the duration of the project.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels both inside and outside the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors).
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise with other resources.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills.
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take; influences clients, business partners and service providers regarding priorities.
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed.
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas.
- Analytical (numerical, data and other informational) and problem-solving skills required
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability.
Education and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, or related fields/disciplines, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA or Master’s degree preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Jira, and other typical software tools used in software development and professional environments.
To apply for this position:
For consideration of this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Payveris is changing the way financial institutions deliver digital payments and money movement to their consumer and business customers. Our team brings a wealth of experience from the payment, financial technology and banking industries to the mission of improving the overall digital payment and money movement experience for consumers, businesses, and financial institution employees.
Our obsessive client-focus and passion for quality, coupled with a deep background and knowledge of technology, banking, and payments compels us to re-imagine a better, more efficient way to do business. We provide payment technology that simplifies, rather than complicates. We focus on continuous improvement. And we are fanatical about delivering the best experience possible to our financial institution clients and their partners, customers and members. Visit www.payveris.com to learn more.