Are you looking to work at a high growth, innovative, and purpose driven FinTech company? If so, you’ll love Payveris. Our mission is to build technology that enables banks and credit unions to help their customers simplify their financial lives. We do that by making it easier for consumers and businesses to pay bills, move money, manage money and achieve strong financial health. If you are self-driven, have a passion for technology and want to make a difference in the world, we want to meet you.
We are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer. This position is responsible for developing and building automation, managing our AWS cloud infrastructure, owning and enhancing our CI/CD process and DevOps pipeline, and contributing to the safety and security of our platform. You will be a key member of our team making important technical decisions that will help propel company's growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and implement automated processes, systems, and software that are mission-critical in operating our platform
- Own and enhance our DevOps pipeline
- Manage our AWS services and infrastructure with configuration management tools like Ansible
- Contribute to the security and monitoring of our platform with application performance management tools, security scans, threat awareness, and log management
- Help drive the technical direction of our platform and products.
- Participate in design and architecture discussions.
- Design, code, debug, troubleshoot and support (what you create is also what you and your team will own).
- Work on solution-based, outcome-oriented projects with highly skilled teams.
- Share knowledge through “Tech Talk” presentations.
The following are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Knowledge:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 4+ years professional experience in software development, DevOps, or a related field.
- 4+ years of experience with AWS, Azure, or other leading cloud provider
- Knowledge of Linux server configuration and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience in agile/scrum software development methodologies.
Skills and Abilities:
- 4+ years of hands-on experience developing software, systems, cloud workloads, and/or automated processes with modern software development tools and frameworks
- Hands-on experience working with cloud services like AWS EC2, Lambda, RDS, ElastiCache, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, etc. or Azure equivalents.
- Experience developing and executing Ansible playbooks to automate the deployment of apps, cloud infrastructure, and containers
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins or TeamCity and other DevOps pipeline components like security, testing and release orchestration,
- Strong ability to navigate the Linux command line and configure servers and cloud services
- Relevant work experience in financial services and/or payments industry a plus.
- Experience with full-stack software development using multiple technology stacks (Java, .NET, etc.) is a major plus.
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Strong debugging, problem solving, and investigative skills with the ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error messages, etc.) and find root cause.
- Experience with Python, NodeJS, .NET, or NoSQL a plus.
- Ability to think outside the box and solve problems in creative and unconventional ways.
- Ability to estimate work effort for projects and owning the project timelines.
- Ability to communicate thoughts, designs and ideas in a clear and a concise manner.
- Able to present complex technical concepts to various audiences.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels both inside and outside the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors).
- An obsession with food, music, movies, or sports.
Payveris is the creator of The MoveMoney Platform, an Open API cloud-based platform enabling financial institutions to control, simplify, and extend digital money movement capabilities to any application or device while lowering user experience friction, significantly reducing operating costs & future-proofing the IT investment. Visit www.payveris.com to learn more.