Are you looking to work at a high growth, innovative, and purpose driven FinTech company? If so, you’ll love Payveris. Our mission is to build technology that enables banks and credit unions to help their customers simplify their financial lives. We do that by making it easier for consumers and businesses to pay bills, move money, manage money and achieve strong financial health. If you are self-driven, have a passion for technology and want to make a difference in the world, we want to meet you.
We are currently looking for a full stack Senior Software Engineer. This position is responsible for enhancing and maintaining Payveris’ MoveMoney payment platform as well as building new systems and platform components. You will be a key member of our team making important technical decisions that will help propel company's growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Construct software and systems using various technologies.
- Help drive the technical direction of our platform and products.
- Participate in design and architecture discussions.
- Design, code, debug, troubleshoot and support (what you create is also what you and your team will own).
- Use Cloud Native approach to software development.
- Work on solution-based, outcome-oriented projects with highly skilled teams.
- Share knowledge through “Tech Talk” presentations.
The following are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Knowledge:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 7+ years professional experience in software development.
- 5+ years of experience with Soap and/or RESTful API.
- Experience with full-stack software development.
- Experience in agile/scrum software development methodologies.
Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing web-enabled software and APIs with Java, relevant frameworks (such as Spring), and tangential tools/technologies (like mySQL, Memcache, etc.)
- Hands-on experience working with cloud services like AWS EC2, Lambda, RDS, ElastiCache, etc. or Azure equivalents.
- Relevant work experience in financial services and/or payments industry a plus.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and Functional Programming (FP)
- Solid understanding of computer science foundations, such as memory management and algorithm performance.
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Strong knowledge of software design patterns, such as MVC, Factory, Singleton, etc.
- Building and/or consuming REST API, and an understanding of best practices for building and securing RESTful APIs.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as LESS/SASS.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and DevOps pipelines.
- Experience with full-stack software development using multiple technology stacks.
- Strong debugging, problem solving, and investigative skills with the ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error messages, etc.) and find root cause.
- Experience with Python, NodeJS, .NET, or NoSQL a plus.
- Ability to think outside the box and solve problems in creative and unconventional ways.
- Ability to estimate work effort for projects and owning the project timelines.
- Ability to communicate thoughts, designs and ideas in a clear and a concise manner.
- Able to present complex technical concepts to various audiences.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels both inside and outside the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors).
- An obsession with food, music, movies, or sports.
Payveris is the creator of The MoveMoney Platform, an Open API cloud-based platform enabling financial institutions to control, simplify, and extend digital money movement capabilities to any application or device while lowering user experience friction, significantly reducing operating costs & future-proofing the IT investment. Visit www.payveris.com to learn more.