Business Development Representative
Location: Atlanta, GA
Are you looking to work at a high growth, innovative, and purpose driven FinTech company? If so, you’ll love Payveris. Our mission is to build technology that enables banks and credit unions to help their customers simplify their financial lives. We do that by making it easier for consumers and businesses to pay bills, move money, manage money and achieve strong financial health. If you are self-driven, have a passion for technology and want to make a difference in the world, we want to meet you.
We are currently looking for a talented Business Development Representative to handle prospecting, qualifying and generating sales qualified leads in connection with industry tradeshows, fintech partner conferences, webinars, website and social media channels, etc. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this position is responsible for supporting the Payveris sales and marketing organization for strategic and tactical initiatives to generate net new sales opportunities and assist the Sales team in nurturing existing sales pipeline. This position requires strong time management, project management, problem-solving, and communication skills to succeed in this role.
While this position reports to the Director of Marketing, it is also directly accountable to the VP of Sales, to ensure alignment with sales lead goals, regular communication on sales prospecting progress, proper account hand-off and assistance with nurturing efforts on the sales pipeline.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new sales opportunities. Nurture and qualify prospects into Qualified Sales Leads via telephone, email, social media, etc.
- Set up transition phone appointments with the Qualified Leads and the assigned Regional Sales Executive for account hand-off, with the goal of nurturing the sales opportunity towards deal closure.
- Manage account level data for all sales prospects within Salesforce.
- Verify Salesforce account data, including contact records, by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data when account information is incomplete.
- Salesforce data entry, management & maintenance to ensure data integrity.
- Work closely with Digital Marketing Specialist to manage contact lists in connection with marketing campaigns targeting tradeshow/conference attendees, offsite dinner invitations, webinar attendees, etc. to maintain clean reports and campaigns in Salesforce, including audience segmentation.
- Use follow-up email templates, phone scripts, social media message templates, etc to nurture sales leads.
- Field all incoming general inquiries from email, social media and web channels.
- Organize and coordinate exhibit involvement with industry tradeshows and fintech partner conferences, including pre-event planning, onsite display management, mandatory booth hours, sales lead gen and nurture efforts, plus post-event follow up and reporting.
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing Specialist to drive volume of quality registrations for events, meetings and webinars; and perform post-event follow up and reporting.
- In addition to delivering weekly reporting for events and webinars, provide weekly reporting on all prospecting and lead generation efforts.
- Participate in sales and marketing team meetings, strategy planning, skill building and professional development activities.
- Perform ongoing market research and follow trends in digital payments and money movement as well as digital communications to proactively make recommendations for improvement of campaign effectiveness.
The following are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business-related field (or equivalent work experience).
- 2-3 years’ experience working within a sales organization.
- Experience with industry tradeshows and conferences, a plus.
- Experience in banking and/or technology industry, is also a plus.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Establishes rapport based on professionalism and active listening skills.
- Understands the sales process, development and qualification of a business need, identification of target clients, and favorable positioning of products.
- Assesses prospect’s business needs and applies business impact model methodology to justify Payveris’ solution to solve their business problems.
- Incorporates thorough understanding of industry trends and prospect’s key challenges, while applying thorough knowledge of Payveris’ solutions in determining a qualified sales lead.
- Describes Payveris’ value in the context of emerging market trends and how they affect the prospect.
- Working knowledge of customer relationship management tools, such as Salesforce or equivalent.
- Problem-solving skills, and the ability to break down complicated tasks into component pieces.
- Well-organized, project management skills demonstrating follow through to meet deadlines.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills to work without being closely managed.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment, and be flexible with occasionally shifting priorities, with consistent deadline pressure.
- Passion for the fintech industry and has a strong desire to learn, along with a professional drive.
For consideration of this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Payveris is the creator of The MoveMoney Platform, an Open API cloud-based platform enabling financial institutions to control, simplify, and extend digital money movement capabilities to any application or device while lowering user experience friction, significantly reducing operating costs & future-proofing the IT investment. Visit www.payveris.com to learn more.