The Texas Freedom Network is seeking a Development Manager/Coordinator to oversee and administer all annual giving and grow our fundraising operation throughout the state. The Development Manager/Coordinator will play an integral role in the organization, managing an ambitious events plan (virtual and in-person), digital fundraising program, annual direct mail campaign, recognition and stewardship, and donor engagement opportunities. The ideal candidate has a strong passion for fundraising, social justice, and a commitment to the progressive movement.
The Development Manager/Coordinator will be based in TFN’s Austin headquarters. (All staff is working remotely during the COVID pandemic). The position will require some travel.
- Expand the annual fund program and maintain a portfolio of donors and prospects for solicitation.
- Organize and coordinate all fundraising events for the organization, including but not limited to member’s receptions, galas, stakeholder briefings, etc. (virtual and in-person).
- Create a comprehensive digital fundraising campaign and social media strategy focusing on donor acquisition and retention around ongoing campaigns, giving day opportunities, and donor engagement.
- Oversee the development, production, and distribution of annual direct mail campaigns, including drafting solicitations, creating segmentations, and tracking results.
- Cultivate, steward, and expand monthly, sustaining donor program.
- Develop and implement cultivation and stewardship opportunities as well as models to expand donor base.
- Conduct and analyze research on donors and prospects.
- Track donations, monitor financial goals and ensure timely acknowledgments.
- A solid commitment to the principles and values of TFN and its mission.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in nonprofit or political fundraising with a proven track record of soliciting, closing, and stewarding gifts.
- Personal initiative and a sense of humor. Friendly, outgoing, and collaborative approach, and a team-oriented style.
- Experience with donor database management and systems (Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, DonorPerfect, EveryAction, NGP VAN, etc.) to track campaigns preferred.
- Proficiency with office technology and information systems (including MS Office Suite, Photoshop, Slack, Asana) preferred.
- A confident and professional work style. Ability to work independently and to exercise sound judgment in stressful circumstances. Flexibility and a willingness to take on new tasks as the responsibilities of the position evolve.
- Knowledge of the Texas philanthropic and political community preferred.
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary range is $45,000 – $65,000, depending on experience. Excellent benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) plan, generous paid time off.
To apply for this position, submit the following items:
- Cover Letter
- Resume, including 3 references
- Writing Sample (upload on link to "Attach another file")
Applicants will be considered and interviewed on a rolling basis. The deadline to apply is April 2, 2021.
The position will either be a manager or coordinator, depending on the experience level.
Texas Freedom Network is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. TFN encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, or disability.