Founded in 2011, GeoLinks is the fastest growing internet service provider in the state. We offer high-speed internet access to businesses, non-profits, and anchor institutions all over California who are looking for a provider that cares about their business and needs. We are a fast-paced, tech-orientated, customer focused company looking for dynamic self-starters who are looking to make an impact. Headquartered in Ventura County our mission is to offer the best company culture around, one that combines respect, collaboration and a “best idea wins” mantra. If you’re looking for a company that wants to hear your innovate ideas as well as a company that is family oriented and believes in work-life balance we’d love to hear from you!
About the role:
We are currently seeking an Infrastructure Technician to grow with our Infrastructure team. The infrastructure position is an excellent position for someone who loves to build and create things with their hands. This role is a great opportunity if you like to travel, learn about a new trade, and to start an exciting new career in the Telecommunications industry. The infrastructure technician is responsible for the installation and troubleshooting of telecom equipment for GeoLinks sites (Tower, Roof Top, Mountain Top, Etc.), so if you like hiking and adventure this job is for you!
GeoLinks will supply the training, tools, and company vehicles you need to be successful for this role. We are looking for individuals with a great attitude and those who want to learn something new.
Essential Job duties and responsibilities:
- Carries out Infrastructure work orders under the direct supervision of Lead Technician from conception to completion, on time and to code, using electrical, telecommunications, and low-voltage industry’s best practices
- Maintains logs and documentation
- Configures networking gear for infrastructure installations
- Works at height including, extension ladders, roofs, and telecommunication towers in excess of 150’ AGL
- Is mechanically and electrically inclined having the ability to work with hand tools, power tools and wiring
- Follows industry/company standards regarding safety policies and procedures per OSHA, ANSI, and NEC
- Maintains work areas, tools and PPE in a clean, orderly and safe manner
- Manages time efficiently in the functions of all field related tasks
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Available for weekly travel
- Working outside in the elements
- Some hand tool knowledge
- Have a professional-upbeat attitude and a team player
- Be able to lift/carry at least 75lbs
- Comfortable working overtime
- Have aptitude for learning
- Able to work with heights as this position requires Tower climbing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License
Education and/or Experience:
- Related work experience
- Construction/Tower/Linemen/Electrical experience a plus
- Health, Vision, and Dental Plans with no waiting period
- 401K with no waiting period
- Long-term Disability
- 100k Life Insurance