Founded in 2011, GeoLinks is the fastest growing internet service provider in the state. We offer high-speed internet access to businesses, non-profits, and anchor institutions all over California who are looking for a provider that cares about their business and needs. We are a fast-paced, tech-orientated, customer focused company looking for dynamic self-starters who are looking to make an impact. Headquartered in Ventura County our mission is to offer the best company culture around, one that combines respect, collaboration and a “best idea wins” mantra. If you’re looking for a company that wants to hear your innovate ideas as well as a company that is family oriented and believes in work-life balance we’d love to hear from you!
About the role:
GeoLinks is seeking a Director of Network Operations to join our Network Operations team. The Director of Network Operations responsible for managing critical oversight for the department. They will monitor operations throughout the company and look for ways to increase productivity. This is a technical role that provides the unique opportunity to interact and work with other departments within the organization including infrastructure and network design.
A successful candidate creates policies to improve workflows and minimize points of friction. An understanding of technical processes and day-to-day issues within the department is needed for this role. The candidate will conduct their work with a sense of urgency, champions change, delivers complete solutions, and holds self and team accountable for performance.
What you'll be doing:
- Utilize critical thinking skills to address top-level concerns and find the best path forward from all of the available data
- Develop, monitor/supervise, and ensure the implementation of all Network Strategies
- Develop and maintain long term network operation strategies that will help enhance and achieve long term goals for the company
- Responsible for training employees within the Network Operations Team and also supervising their performance records
- Take part in meetings with other company managers to develop best practices between departments
- Carry out the supervision and delivery of projects and modify/edit as to improve output
- Assist members of the Network Operations Team unit in carrying out their respective duties on an individual basis
- Allocate (based on priority) necessary resources for the execution of Network Operations Team -based projects
- Excellent communication skills, in both written and oral/verbal
- Good organizational and time management skills are needed, with the ability to prioritize duties in the face of multiple projects/tasks and meet/beat deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills are needed to work effectively with individuals across different teams or even within the same team
- Strong analytical skills
- Must have the ability to display a great level of creativity while carrying out daily work routine
- Possession of good leadership attributes and ability to work as part of a team
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in a Network Operations Role
- In-depth knowledge of networking, and data base fundamentals
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field required. Willing to consider an equivalent combination of skills, experience, and education.
• Three years of related experience preferred.
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods, etc.
• Excellent leadership skills with demonstrated ability to manage and motivate teams.
• Knowledge and experience with networks, security guidelines, and best practices including but not limited to network hardware and software troubleshooting techniques.
• Knowledge and experience with a variety of operating and server systems
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, oral, and written)
• Must have reliable transportation to/from GeoLinks headquarters in Camarillo, CA
• Positive attitude, punctual, and strong work ethic
- Health, Vision, and Dental Plans covered with no waiting period
- 401K available with no waiting period
- Long-term Disability
- 100k Life Insurance